Ah, we’re nearing the end of the year, which means it’s holiday season! No better time to bundle up by the fire, read a Tim O’Brien novel and sip on some hot tea. Unfortunately for us Boston University students, not even StuVi II has fireplaces. But don’t sweat it — there are still ways to cozy up your room for the holidays.

1. Twinkly lights

I have these hung up on my wall year-round. They’re too cute to have just for the holidays.

Get them at a supermarket, your local Target or any major store near you. You’ll just need some tape and a friend to help, then voila! You’ve already got yourself a 10 times more adorable space to read and bundle up.

2. A blanket

Invest in a super soft and fuzzy blanket for your room to look inviting, soft and cuddly. Plus, you’ll feel so happy wrapped up during those really cold days!

3. Room spray.

Ever walk into a room and not notice its smell? The answer is probably no, which isn’t a bad thing. Ever walk into a room and notice a bad smell? How’d it make you feel? Exactly.

Imagine walking into a room – your room – and noticing a delicious smell. The sweet, welcoming smell of a vanilla gingerbread latte, chocolate chip cookies, winter snow or pumpkin patches. That, my friends, calls for some room spray. Get a bottle for cheap at your local market, and thank me later.

4. Festive mugs

To enjoy drinking tea, coffee, hot chocolate or even eggnog while watching Netflix or reading a book, you’ll need something to drink out of. Having a cute mug to use, either in your dorm or on-the-go, is not only a must, but also an environmentally conscious decision. Your coziness level increases exponentially when in bed, so I suggest drinking from a nice, homey cup. On top of that, Starbucks around campus offer small discounts to customers who B.Y.O.M. — bring your own mug — so why not?

5. A killer festive playlist

Good, cozy music to play as background music when getting ready or cleaning up is necessary and so relaxing! Holiday music is also a great mood-booster. Make sure to add some Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Bing Crosby, Michael Bublé and Justin Bieber (haters gon’ hate) in there!

Disclaimer: Frank Sinatra’s Christmas album was on repeat during the writing of this article.