Nov. 8 will go down as one of the most intense election days in our nation’s history. Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and all of their antics have led to this very moment. All of us have been waiting (or begging) for this ridiculous, slightly embarrassing and ugly election to finally be over. That being said, you have to prepare for this day in the best way possible, so here are seven ways to prep for the election. This way, no matter who wins, at least you get to say you barely survived the 2016 election. 

1. Skip class to watch Election Day coverage live.

This one is a given, since this may be the most dramatic election ever. You just have to watch all the votes being counted on live TV so you can see for yourself who wins each state. Also, you get to miss class. It may be a loss for our country, but it’ll be a win for you.

2. Stockpile all of your favorite snacks.

You can never have too much food, and this step is crucial. It provides you with A) food for potentially intense moments, B) celebratory food if your candidate wins and C) comfort food if your candidate loses.

3. Buy a plane ticket to leave the country, if necessary.

If your chosen candidate happens to lose, you will probably view this as a sign of the apocalypse. At this point, our only real option is to flee the country ASAP and attempt to basically outrun the end of the world. Check out this list of five destinations we recommend you escape to.

4. Find a good hiding place to avoid your boastful friends.

The only thing worse than your nominee losing is facing your friends of the opposite party bragging right to your face. Try finding an empty classroom and chill there for a little while until all the excitement dies down.

5. Make a T-shirt to show your joy to the world.

Just picture “The nasty woman won!” on a T-shirt. Run down to Goodwill and do a little DIY project to proudly show that you supported the right candidate all along.

6. Fill your Twitter drafts with celebratory/depressing tweets.

What’s the point of celebrating/complaining about the newly elected president if you can’t share your feelings with your beloved followers? Being prepared is the most important thing, because you want to get the maximum amount of retweets you can to spread your views.

7. Reflect on the fact that this was, unfortunately, the first presidential election you voted in.

I mean, come on. There definitely could’ve been better candidates than these two. The only thing both political parties agree on is the fact that their nominees are complete disasters. Still, it’s kind of cool that this is the first election many of us are voting in, even though we’re voting between the lesser of two evils.