This year’s presidential race falls somewhere between “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” and “60 Minutes:” a reality show with a sense of scrutiny, authority and importance. Perhaps it is simply because I am older and more cognitively aware, but it seems like this year, American citizens are more vocal than ever about their extreme likes and dislikes for both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. Although it’s refreshing to see people so dedicated to a cause, the harsh oppositions between voters has resulted in quite a doozy that will leave at least half of America in shambles come the election results.

Spirit Airlines apparently took that into consideration, and recently tweeted a promo code that would take 100 percent off its flights on Nov. 8, aka Election Day (with qualifying terms). Although the deal ended the night it was posted, you might still be looking to flee the country after Nov. 8, so here are five countries you might want to move to. I mean, visit amidst your attempts to avoid post-election chaos:

1. New Zealand

This country is a full 18 hours ahead of any American time zone, so you can pretty much skip over Nov. 8 by jet setting to New Zealand. The scenery will leave your jaw

New Zealand's luscious greens and sheep-to-human ratio is a great escape from America's chaotic political climate. PHOTO COURTESY WIKIMEDIA COMMONS.

New Zealand’s luscious greens and sheep-to-human ratio is a great escape from America’s chaotic political climate. PHOTO COURTESY WIKIMEDIA COMMONS.

permanently dropped, the notoriously friendly people will make you feel at home (from what I’ve heard) and, just as a fun fact, there are more sheep than people in New Zealand.

2. Canada

This one is easy because it’s just over the border of the United States (and not in the direction of a border that a certain someone is trying to close off); therefore, no continent change necessary. You essentially have an entire United States-width of places to choose from, and, although it can be nippy this time of year, it’s the perfect cozy getaway.

3. British Virgin Islands

If the cold isn’t for you, this tropical paradise will be right up your alley. As part of the Caribbean, this destination is a short flight from any state. The best part is their use of the U.S. dollar — hello, easy shopping and dining.

4. Italy

A trip to Italy will have you packing your bags faster than you can say “arrivederci.” From delicious pizza and pasta, to shopping in Milan and taking a gondola ride in Venice, you’ll never find yourself running out of things to do.

5. England

As if the British accent weren’t a big enough incentive, thanks to Brexit, the pound is very weak, making England an exciting destination if you’re hoping to spend money without emptying your wallet. Plus, who doesn’t love the British Royal Family? With a monarchy like theirs, your American presidential woes will dissipate instantly upon arrival.