This Jewish delicatessen restaurant, located at 335 Harvard St. in Brookline, is enough to cure any post-Halloweekend tiredness. Its also a convenient 20-minute walk from West Campus, and right by Trader Joes.

At your own discretion, you can be seated at the counter if a spot is open, which is a rare find, or you can patiently wait for a table to clear. While the wait can range anywhere from 30 to 40 minutes, its well worth it. Your buzzer has about a two-block range, so you can mosey on over to Trader Joes for a look around, or even to some local shops, but dont go too far.

Whether its dine-in, carry out or catering, Zaftigs has everything you could ever imagine. Its safe to say

PHOTO BY MADELINE FOLEY/ DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF.

that any place that serves breakfast all day deserves a gold star, especially Zaftigs. The wait staff is extremely friendly and attentive, let alone super knowledgeable about the menu.

It was love at first sight, and it all started with the sight of bagel chips. The thinly sliced, crispy bagel chips were toasted to perfection and then drizzled with melted butter. From poppy seed to cinnamon raisin, there were enough to make your senses go wild. To top it all off, they were served with an herbed cream cheese on the side. Now you could stop here, but why would you?

The Fried Egg BLT is absolutely out of this world. Its an open-faced classic BLT, served with eggs on top, cooked to your liking. The crispy challah bread is savory and sweet at the same time. Its like heaven on Earth, but on challah. I always thought it was weird when my childhood friend would ask if I wanted a fried egg on my BLT, but now I understand. Absolutely amazing. Served with homefries and fruit on the side, you could say this counts as a balanced meal.

The Empire Eggsis aimed to please. These poached eggs served atop homemade potato pancakes, with spinach, smoked salmon and hollandaise sauce are enough to drive your taste buds out of this world. The potato latkes are crispy, warm and absolutely delicious. This is a crowd pleaser if youre looking to try a mixture of everything thats on the breakfast menu.

If youre looking for something super sweet, the stuffed banana French toast is where its at. Its served in a heaping pile adorned with powdered sugar and berries. The thick slices of challah bread are cooked to golden perfection, in the bourbon vanilla batter. On the side in the cutest metal pourer is warm maple syrup. The flavors meld together perfectly as they melt in your mouth.

Theres definitely a lot more on the menu than just breakfast, but these particular items stood out, and seemed to be crowd favorites at the restaurant. Based on the atmosphere and the flavors of the breakfast, its a good bet that lunch and dinner are just as delicious.