1. Myspace

This social network definitely hasnt been popular for the past decade, but back in its heyday, everyone posted on this site. It had music, profiles, blogs, photos and videos. The glory days of posting an embarrassing bio in your profile with your favorite song playing may be long gone, but if you feel nostalgic at least there’s still the opportunity to sign up for an account.

2. Yo

Yo was never quite popular. All it does is send the word Yoto your friends. Then, your friends can respond back with Yo.This was basically the laughing stock of apps, yet somehow, people invested in it. If you’ve ever heard of the app that just puts a picture of Snoop Dogg on your phone at 4:20, Yo is slightly less useful and amusing than that.

3. Peach

This app was such a hit that it only lasted four days. People could post status updates, images, and drawings and it was successful for a bit, but it died real quick. There were cool things like magic wordsand no centralized feed. It seems like all features of this app already exist between the much more popular Instagram and Facebook. Im also not sure what a noncentralized feed is, but I highly doubt it plays well with our short attention spans.

4. Talkshow

This public texting app was basically Twitter, but not. Random people could drop into chats and discuss things minus the subtweet harassment. This makes me reminiscent of public forum group chats online, and those never seemed to end well. It had a good run of six months, but considering that people havent heard of it, I dont think it will be too missed.

5. AIM

Lets take it back to the home of your first embarrassing email address. Ah, how I remember AIM with fond memories. My username was baileysirish21.I tried to make it baileysirishcreamlike the alcohol, but that word limit made it even more stupid. When you heard that little ding telling you that your friends were on, that was the best feeling ever. Especially if you were like me and didn’t even have a phone until high school, this was the perfect way to talk to your friends. With names like RitzZbitZz, MermaidDreamz and xXiLoveBabyyySealzzXx, how can you not become nostalgic with all your friends years down the road? I almost want to make a new AIM account just to come up with a much cooler screen name.