We all need a little spoiling sometimes. But with such busy schedules and tight budgets, we all know it’s not that easy. Lucky for you, I’ve compiled five awesome things to do at Boston University that won’t take too much time out of your day or break the bank. Instead, these will just make your day better.

1. Eat a nice lunch at Marciano Commons.

This one’s easy. On Spoon University’s “36 of the best dining halls in North America,” our beloved Bay State is ranked #1. It’s definitely the prettiest dining hall at BU, and has the yummiest, most varied options — both a meat-eater and a vegan’s dream. And hey, if you have a dining plan, why not?

2. Hang out in the Frederick S. Pardee Management Library.

Mugar is nice and the GSU’s not too shabby either. But it’s nice and important to diversify your environments, especially when it comes to studying. Being in the same place every day can get boring, drowning and chore-like. I haven’t been to this library (which is located in Questrom) myself yet, but am definitely planning on it. Many people have raged about how gorgeous the architecture is, and how motivating it is to study here.

P.S. There’s a Starbucks right on the second floor, perfect for when you need that mid-study pick-me-up. 

3. Rent a boat from BU’s Sailing Pavilion.

Unfortunately, this one isn’t free, but if you know someone who’s taking a sailing class at FitRec, you can join them for free as a plus one. Renting a canoe or kayak and cruising along the Charles River is something every BU student must do before they leave. It’s calming, revitalizing and a great workout — all at the same time! (And just imagine how cute those pictures will be.)

4. Take a relaxing break at BU Beach.

I love going here. My friends and I usually get some Basho Sushi to go and eat it on the grass. The BU Beach is an awesome place to just lay out and relax or do some homework while you’re at it. People-watching is also fun here. But hurry — you better take advantage of the beach before it gets snowy out!

5. Have some personal tutor time at the Educational Resource Center.

OK, OK. Let me explain. College classes are rough, time consuming and stressful, to say the least. But luckily, an awesome (and free) way to make your academic life better is with tutoring. I did this for my biology class last week and it honestly helped a lot. One-on-one assistance is never a bad idea. And don’t be scared/shy to pursue this — the tutors there genuinely love to help!