By Claudia Pascual

Like most people, I am quick to obsess over unbelievably attractive, famous actors. But I would not call my infatuation with Mexican actor Gael García Bernal an “obsession.” It’s more of a weird combination between wanting to be him and wanting to be with him. I do believe this perfect man deserves a whole post about his versatile artistic talents (and his incredible beauty). So I’ll save you the stalking and give you the reasons why you’ll inevitably fall in love with him.

1. He was a child actor.

Even though he won his first Golden Globe last year at the age of 37 (I know, he looks way younger), he has been acting since he was a child. He began his acting career as a telenovela star, in which he mastered the single tear scene. As he grew up, he moved on to the big screen to portray serious roles for films like “De tripas, corazón” and “Y Tu Mamá También.” Oh, and let’s not forget that he studied at London’s prestigious Royal Central School of Speech and Drama. He has brains and beauty!

gif via TUMBLR.

gif via TUMBLR.

2. As a bilingual actor, he made it in America and starred in English-speaking films.

But not in glamorous Hollywood movies. Instead, he went dark (and damn, was he sexy). He worked with respected director Alejandro González Iñárritu (“Birdman, “The Revenant”) in two award-winning films, “Amores Perros” and “Babel,” alongside Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett. In 2014, he played an imprisoned Israeli journalist in Jon Stewart’s film “Rosewater,” which was based off a true story. I’m telling you, he nails every performance.

gif via TUMBLR.

gif via TUMBLR.

3. More than an actor, he’s also a producer and activist.

Alongside his best friend Diego Luna (another Mexican heartthrob actor), they created Canana, a production company that concentrates on filming and supporting local documentaries. García Bernal produced and exposed the real story of the 300 women who were killed in the Mexican frontier. What more can you ask from a man that’s trying to save the world one film at a time?

4. He won a Golden Globe for his starring role in the Amazon series, “Mozart in the Jungle.”

He plays a genius music conductor and let me tell you, it’s his best role yet. He’s charming and a little crazy, but it won him his first Golden Globe. I know Netflix might seem like the better streaming service, but do yourself a favor and join Amazon Prime just to stare at his sparkling eyes and perfect smile. 

5. He’s publicly anti-Trump.

While promoting his new film “Desierto,” the story about a man trying to cross the Mexican border, he publicly denounced Donald Trump. “I think anyone that can give a rational explanation for why they’re voting for Donald Trump is a person that definitely doesn’t exist,” he said. Further, he told Thrillist in an interview that ”It’s a very emotional vote. It’s a very irrational vote. The world is brokenhearted and some people are solving it through empathy and through a sense of common good, and some others are reacting to that brokenheartedness by creating resentment.” At that point, I just gave him my heart.

If you’re searching for a new actor to “stalk” (I prefer the term “research”), Gael García Bernal is everything you’re looking for. Just look at his moves.