On Sunday morning, residents of Claflin, Sleeper and Rich halls woke up to a nasty surprise: the fire alarms sounding off as a result of an electrical problem. Those who evacuated the building were not allowed back in for three hours later. While this was definitely unexpected, it was interesting to see how people reacted to the evacuation and alarms. Even more interesting were the types of people waiting outside the morning after Saturday night:

The Partier

It was Halloweekend, aka the biggest party weekend of the year. With West Campus being so close to Allston, there were obviously going to be Halloween parties. The Partier definitely made him or herself obvious. They were still dressed in their costume, and likely kept their makeup on all night, especially after they crashed. The alarms were probably not a nice noise to wake up to for them.

The Snapchatter

What do you do when there is mass confusion and a large group of people, almost none of whom are in proper street clothes? If you’re The Snapchatter, you document it! This person had their phone out the entire time, posting random pics of misdressed people to their story and sending selfies reacting to the event. At the end of the ordeal, even those in Danielsen Hall knew every detail thanks to The Snapchatter.

The Comfy One

Going out Saturday night isn’t for everyone. Some, like The Comfy One, stayed in fluffy pajamas, had some tea or cocoa and watched their favorite movies on Netflix instead. By the time the alarm had gone off, this person was in more than enough fleece and blankets to bear the October chill. While everyone else was freezing their butts off, The Comfy One was more than content with some fresh air for a few hours.

The Busybody

Sunday isn’t as lit as Friday or Saturday, and most people use this day to get back to the grind. The Busybody has work and cleaning to do, so being kicked out of his or her room for three hours was definitely not optimal. You could catch them doing work on their phone, pacing around to pass the time and (like everyone else) complaining about the ordeal taking way too long.

The Sleeper

OK, yes, you didn’t see The Sleeper during the evacuation. They just were too tired to care, and therefore slept through the entire thing. After all, sleep is the most important thing you could get in college, right?