1. Charlie Brown (“The Peanuts”)

Charlie Brown didn’t go back and teach us about the Constitution for us to not use our constitutional right to vote. We also didn’t spend all those years rewatching “The Birth of the Constitution: This is America Charlie Brown” for nothing, either. Charlie and his friends would have been tremendously politically active as adults. In fact, they would probably attend rallies, host debate viewing parties or, in true “Peanuts” nature, travel back in time to find out what Abraham Lincoln or George Washington would think of this election. Regardless of political affiliation, voting has always been an important part of our country. Plus, you’d never want to disappoint Charlie Brown!

2. Olivia Pope (“Scandal”)

The White House communications director-turned-crisis management lawyer knows a thing or two about working with the president. Olivia has dealt with a wide array of political scandals, and she knows the ins and outs of Washington, D.C. like the back of her hand. The fixer herself would want everyone to do what they can do to make sure the executive branch is Fitz Grant-free. She is high-powered and persuasive; if Olivia Pope ever tells you to do something (such as vote), you do it. She’s one person you certainly don’t want to let down.

3. Katniss Everdeen (“The Hunger Games”)

In a world where voting is nonexistent, Katniss Everdeen was able to revolutionize her dystopian society by surviving the Hunger Games and turning “a nation of slaves into an army,” according to new president, Alma Coin. Katniss is not one to shy away from speaking her mind. Her rivalry with President Snow traced the entirety of the series, and she championed equality while representing the oppressed. In a world with voting, and in an election with so much controversy and high stakes, Katniss would be extremely outspoken about the importance of this election. She would give speeches to persuade others to value their rights and would ruthlessly debate anyone who would dare say voting doesn’t matter.

4. Candace and Toni (“Portlandia”)

gif via IFC.

These two would technically make the list a total of six fictional characters, but they’re essentially a two-for-one deal. It’s no secret who they would vote for; after all, they do run a bookstore called Women and Women First. Regardless, Candace and Toni would want everyone to take advantage of their right to the 19th Amendment. Candace and Toni would mercilessly protest any candidate who opposed their personal views. While these two may not have much sympathy or rationality for the opposing side, they would no doubt be avid proponents of voting. They would even go as far as to lock you in their store until you filled out your absentee ballot form.

5. Leslie Knope (“Parks and Recreation”)

gif via TUMBLR.

gif via TUMBLR.

Perhaps the most obviously politically passionate fictional character is Leslie Knope. The deputy director of the Pawnee Parks and Recreation Department dedicated her life to the government. She was an intense advocate for equality and a self-proclaimed fangirl of many major political figures, including Hillary Clinton. Leslie is one of the most patriotic TV show characters ever portrayed, and she would probably be knocking on your door or calling you at 3 a.m. to remind you to vote (especially if she was the one running).