Women are slaying the world with their rapid rise to power in all sectors possible, whether it’s medicine, aerospace, hospitality or entertainment. We have pushed for equal opportunity for years, seizing whatever consolation came our way and converted it into all things fabulous. This is the true spirit of a woman: making the best of whatever you’re handed. The best example of this has been set by the creators of Netflix’s “Jessica Jones.” Jessica Jones is a show based on the life of a fictional superhero, straight out of the popular Marvel comics. While the plot is fully centered around women empowerment, the backstory is even better.

The show’s executive producer, Melissa Rosenberg, announced at Transforming Hollywood, an annual one-day public symposium, that women would direct the entire second season of “Jessica Jones.” This news fits perfectly with the personality of the show, which has received applause and accolades for its strong female protagonists and their relationships with each other. The show has also managed to tackle issues of sexual assault and received hoards of praises in the process.

This is both empowering and emotionally stirring, considering the biggest show of the year, “Game of Thrones,” had not one female director and was still a success. It’s also surprising because the first season of “Jessica Jones” saw women directing about one third of the show. In fact, a study reveals that only 17 percent of episodes on television were directed by females in the 2015-16 season. This number is reason enough to bring about change. Ava DuVernay, the writer of “Queen Sugar,” recently announced that she would hire only female directors for her upcoming show, regardless of their experience. She wanted to push female directors by giving them the opportunity to work on big projects and gain confidence for their next big break.

Women have proven to be fantastic directors for television shows. Shows such as “Girls,” “Modern Family,” “Mad Men” and more have witnessed super reviews and successful careers on television all thanks to their female directors. Besides, women are studied to be more creative and imaginative than men. Isn’t that the key to good TV? It’s time women show the world that they can look pretty on screen and kick ass off screen as well.

Here’s to more gripping content and hoot-worthy work by the women who wear the pants on set (or pantsuit, their choice).