Tucked away on the Boston-Brookline border is a small building hosting Boston Universitys smallest undergraduate college, the School of Hospitality Administration. Affectionately known as SHA, this rarely-heard-of college is often overlooked and forgotten by the student body. However, SHA students have some pretty cool perks, classes and spaces that other Terriers dont have.

1. They have classes on wine, event planning and culinary arts.

For anyone who loves food, planning social events and sophistication, SHA is the place for you. You can take your skills to the next level in SHA electives such as HF 430: Advanced Wine Study, which offers students the opportunity to experience blind tasting of selected wines along with discussion on the principles of critical tasting and wine and food pairing. HF 422: Seafood Cookery allows students to gain hands-on experience with seafood preparation, and HF 375: Meetings and Conventions is perfect for anyone interested in planning large-scale events.

2. They have unique study abroad experiences.

SHA students have to demonstrate knowledge of a foreign culture, and obviously, the easiest way to do that is by studying abroad. Along with the usual BU Study Abroad destinations such as Padua, Sydney, Paris and London, SHA students can also take advantage of opportunities in Auckland, Monterrey and Hong Kong (the latter being an exclusive destination for SHA students).

3. SHA has the nicest study space on campus.

I doubt many non-SHA students have visited the SHA building on 928 Commonwealth Ave. before, but the inside is immaculate. The lobby looks like a five-star hotel, theres carpeting everywhere and the design touches are completely on point. On top of that, the student lounge looks like a high society living room with modern furniture, a large conference table and a full-wall bookshelf with volumes of cookbooks and travel guides.

4. You cant beat our faculty.

SHA faculty members have worked and written for their field for an extensive period of time, making them a great resource to learn your practice from. Even more, the small enrollment in SHA makes it easier for students to make great connections with their professors, and learn the true meaning of what the hospitality industry stands for.

5. Youll walk out of SHA with more than enough experience.

Job openings often require several years of experience to be considered. The SHA curriculum mandates that students accumulate 800 hours of field experience before graduation, which definitely boosts your resume and makes the post-graduation job search a little easier.

All in all, BUs smallest college has a lot to offer through experience, connections and internships. The skills that SHA students learn while studying here can be applied to a variety of fields, even those outside of hospitality.