All things considered, I think the 2016 election has really taught us something. By this, I mean that for the majority of us, death doesn’t seem so bad anymore. OK, I’m just kidding. With around two weeks left (though when I asked my parents how long we had until election day, my dad deadpanned: “an eternity”) I think we all could use a little something to keep ourselves going without collapsing into despair or applying for Canadian citizenship. So what better way to soothe our aching souls than some groovy tunes?

I organized this playlist into “acts” of songs that I feel summarize the eternity that is this election. We’ve got some songs about this strange, giant and already great country (though as David Byrne sings about certain places in it: “I wouldn’t live there if you paid me”). Then there’s a couple songs to vocalize the feeling that we are 100 percent in the midst of the apocalypse. “It’s the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)” is a classic example, and also a song Donald Trump has actually walked on stage to.

There’s also a couple songs to represent each candidate. Donald Trump has “Psycho Killer” and “Save Me from Myself, ”with his relationship with Mike Pence having a song entitled “Collaborations Don’t Work” in its honor. Hillary Clinton obviously gets a better deal with both the explicitly-about-her song “I’m With Her” and a song by America’s favorite feminist punk band Bikini Kill.

This playlist finishes off with the song “You Can’t Always Get What You Want.” This song is another one that Trump has used in his campaign (actually to end his keynote RNC speech which is “yikes” on about ten different levels). I also think it summarizes the ending of every election. Yes, you can’t always get what you want, but hopefully, you’ll get what you need. Or you can get a president who has been in “Home Alone 2” and in a Playboy video yet still has access to the nuclear codes. But let’s not think about that. Let’s think about how there’s 12 more days until this is all over, and listen to some music.