Harry Potter fans have been rejoicing for the past year about “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” coming out on Nov. 18 of this year. The film is based off J.K. Rowling’s novel that follows Newton Scamander as he deals with the American magical community 70 years before Harry Potter did his thing over in England.

The most recent hype was brought on by J.K Rowling announcing that there will be five movies in this entire saga. I don’t know about you, but when I read this, a flood of emotions hit me right in the feels. I know I can’t be the only one who had that experience, so here are seven things that we all felt when we heard of the news:

1. Surprise

Who ever thought that this would’ve happened! Five movies based off one book seems to a little extreme, but if anyone can do it, it’s J.K. Rowling. This is something that even the most devoted Harry Potter fan couldn’t have seen coming. The announcement was also so sudden and shocking that it basically sent all of us into a total panic.

2. Hope

We all thought that Harry Potter and the wizarding world would only live in our hearts. But these movies are letting us look forward to a future of magic and wizarding fun, and possibly even more Harry Potter spinoffs. Also, a few of us remain optimistic that maybe, just maybe, one of the movies will showcase some old friends (Dumbledore, anyone?).

3. Love

Every Harry Potter fan has a special place in their hearts for the series, and these movies allow that place to become even bigger. The books have helped us through thick and thin, and were a staple of both our childhood and adult lives (no shame). The attachment we have to the characters, the yearning we feel to go to Diagon Alley and the bitterness we feel because we never got a Hogwarts letter just show how much we love the series. Real love never dies, and this announcement just reinforces that fact.   

4. Impatience  

Oh, the struggle. Now that we know there are movies coming our way, how are we supposed to wait for them (especially when we don’t have any new books to hold us over). We understand that it takes time to make the movies really great, but we want our new films and we want them now. This is perhaps the true struggle of being a Harry Potter fan, and it’s one that we all feel with excruciating pain.

5. Appreciation

J.K. Rowling, aka Queen, thank you for writing the best series on the planet and allowing us to continue enjoying this world for a long time to come. David Yates, you’re a great director, and even though you left some stuff out of a few movies, we still love you and can’t wait to see what you’ve done with this year’s release. Finally, Warner Bros., thanks for making all of this possible, because without you there wouldn’t be any movies at all, nor those cool opening scenes with your logo in it.

6. Respect

We also have to give another round of props to J.K. Rowling for undergoing such a huge project, again. This woman never stops, and it’s kind of inspiring to see how dedicated she is to the world that she has created. She doesn’t have to do any of this, but she does and that says a lot about her as a person and an author.    

7. Pure joy

I think this gif pretty much explains it all.