Recently, in a late-night moment, I found myself thinking: If only life was as easy as any amazing, earth-shattering montage scene in literally any film.

Listening to Ray LaMontagne's "Hold You in My Arms" will put you right in a John Hughes movie. PHOTO VIA PIXABAY.

Listening to Ray LaMontagne’s “Hold You in My Arms” will put you right in a John Hughes movie. PHOTO VIA PIXABAY.

Then an idea popped into my head maybe life could be like that. Maybe there could be a time where we can run on the T, put on a sad/happy playlist and pretend John Hughes is directing our life. A time where we dont have to worry about real world stuff, because the only thing that really matters in this movie world is whether or not our parents remembered our birthday, or if the boy of our dreams is going to show up at our party.

I wanted to create a playlist that could accompany this type of feeling, so I plopped myself down on the outbound B line, and began scourging through my Spotify songs. I tried to find something that could fit that melancholy blue, sitting on public transportation, major character development montage scene of a film we all wish we were actually in sometimes.

Alas, Im not as talented as Mr. Hughes. However, I did try my dandiest to put together something at least half-worth listening to. So the next time youre feeling a brewing existential crisis, pick up your CharlieCard, find the most secluded seat on the T, plug in your headphones and slip away. Even if its just for a moment.

I wish you the easiest of listening on your next T commute: