From the multifaceted to the socially active, here are 5 fantastic celebrities who don’t get enough credit for how awesome they are.

1. KEKE PALMER

via GIPHY

Author, actress, singer, songwriter, talk show host and fashion icon Keke Palmer is the absolute epitome of a renaissance woman. While she may be stuck in our minds as the young, sassy wordsmith sporting cornrows and glasses from the 2006 film “Akeelah and the Bee,” Palmer has grown into a bold and ambitious jack-of-all-trades. Her book, “I Don’t Belong To You,” a guide for young women on how to live a life of fulfillment and confidence, is available for pre-order. Palmer is currently starring in season two of “Scream Queens” alongside Lea Michele, Emma Roberts and Jamie Lee Curtis, and she is constantly releasing content on her official website, kekepalmer.com, which includes everything from makeup tutorials to choreography concept videos. Not to mention she is undoubtedly the reigning queen of Snapchat (if you’re ever feeling down, feel free to follow keekthasneak on for bouts of humble wisdom and humorous positivity).

1. SHAMEIK MOORE

via GIPHY

Star of Netflix’s new original series, “The Get Down,” Shameik Moore is quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with in Hollywood. His breakout role as an Ivy-League bound drug dealer in the 2015 film, “Dope,” got major attention at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival, and landed Moore on Indiewire’s “12 Major Breakouts of the 2015 Sundance Film Festival” list. Aside from his acting chops, Moore’s passions include dancing and rapping, which he debuts a bit in “The Get Down.” In fact, Moore revealed on Good Morning America that he has an album called “Positive Vibes” in the works, describing it as “next level.” Whether it’s as Shameik Moore or Shaolin Fantastic, this up-and-coming star is definitely making a name for himself.

1. AMANDLA STENBERG

via GIPHY

You may know her as Rue from “The Hunger Games,” but I know her as socially conscious superwoman and Instagram goddess Amandla. Since her role in the 2012 hit film, Stenberg has starred in numerous short films and TV series, but what’s most impressive about her is what she demonstrates off the screen. As a black, bisexual woman, Stenberg has devoted a huge part of her social platform to promoting acceptance and individuality. Named one of Time’s “30 Most Influential Teens of 2015”, she is known in Hollywood and beyond for her wisdom beyond her years and for promoting an inclusive dialogue amongst young people. Philanthropy, music, blogging and being an all-around female-empowering queen are also on this young star’s resume. As if she couldn’t be any more of a badass, her name means “power” in Zulu.  Case closed.  

1. JAMES CORDEN

via GIPHY

Have you ever seen that recycled Twitter meme depicting James Corden astonishing various singers and celebrities with his angelic voice and the caption “reasons why the music industry should consider James Corden?” If not, look it up, because it’s one of the reasons he’s on this list. Most people know him as the hilarious host of “The Late Late Show with James Corden,” but his career started back in the United Kingdom with various TV and movie stints. He won the British Academy Television Awards for Best Comedy Performance for the BBC sitcom “Gavin & Stacey” (2007-2010), which he co-wrote and co-created. After starring in the 2014 film adaptation of “Into the Woods,” Corden became a comedic and theatrical personality in the United States as well as the United Kingdom. Since then he’s been everybody’s favorite sarcastic singing talk show host and everybody’s dream best friend.

1. ZENDAYA

via GIPHY

Another fashion icon in her own right, Zendaya is changing everyone’s perception of your classic Disney star. She may still be starring in kid’s shows, but that doesn’t keep her from dominating the acting, music, and fashion industries. Her dedication to spreading a positive message on and off television makes her a role model to kids of all ages. Additionally, she’s vocal about issues involving race, making it known that everyone is beautiful regardless of their hair type or ethnicity (throwback to her eloquence and grace in response to one hateful fashion critic). Speaking of beauty, Zendaya’s unique and eclectic style has placed her on the map of the fashion world — not only has she attended the Paris and New York fashion weeks, but she’s recently partnered with Michael Kors on a new project involving a smartwatch. Just when we lost faith in any Disney star’s ability to grow up without some sort of meltdown, Zendaya gave us hope.

1. Five refreshing, measured doses of well verbalized insights on young artists and celebrities. The winter-aged readers should also quench their thirst for some new subjects such as those found in this fountain of talented youth.