Let me preface this by saying that I love all of my guy roommates. They are funny, relaxed, a little bit crazy and most definitely full of surprises. Living with multiple people has its challenges and there are a few youre kidding memoments, but they have really changed my view on guys and life while making each day filled with surprises and laughs. Heres what happens when you live in an all-male house, New Girlstyle.

Their friends come over and ask who in the apartment youre dating.

Im not quite sure how or why I must be dating one of them to be present in the apartment, but thatll never happen. Theyre pretty much my siblings. Living with all guys is like a live National Geographic wildlife special; Ive definitely seen some things.

They (heaven forbid) sometimes have a girl over when Im home.

Apparently, girls are not used to their boyfriends living with other females. One roommate actually sprayed me, the apartment and anything I touched with Febreze to make sure the place didnt smell like girl. Ladies, I am so far from trying to steal your man. Ive seen him do some weird things, making him an asexual entity to me. Please dont give me weird looks or get jealous.

Guys are (surprisingly) great at handling any emotions or attitude I might toss at them.

While we dont always get along, and every once in awhile someone gets a bit crazy, my roommates are always there to listen to the latest drama in my life. In return, Im always there for them. Whether its giving each other space, a hug or comfort food, they never pry, yet are always there to help out.

You can help them with their girl problems because youre an unbiased female resource.

Enough said.

They do weird and unpredictable things.

Ive watched one roommate install smoke alarms on a swivel chair and witnessed midday beer pong games in the middle of our kitchen on a Tuesday. Not only am I uninterested in what goes down in the privacy of their own rooms, but I also dont want to know what goes down in our common spaces. What I dont know wont hurt me (hopefully).

You gain a new perspective.

After going to an all-girls Catholic high school, guys were like aliens. I didnt like eating around them, class with guys was unheard of and overall, I was an awkward creature around them. Living with guys really changed that. Theyve definitely seen me fall asleep all over the apartment, eat like an animal after a long hard day and expound a full spectrum of emotions on them. Theyve seen the best and worst of me and have lived to tell the tale.

You would do anything and everything for them.

Sometimes (or, most of the time) they dont have their lives together, but fear notthe female roommate is here. From carrying furniture across Allston to remembering that their medicine goes in the fridge to cleaning out the entire apartment, Im always willing to help out. Im basically the ideal roommate at this point: I can cook, clean and fix anything in a home. Seriously, I fixed the toilet at 1 a.m. this morning Im that good.

Lastly, shower dances.

This one doesnt even need explanation. Ive seen many, they are all equally weird and amusing.

But overall, its a happy experience and I wouldnt trade it for the world.

Basking in roommate love,

Alanna