If only we could all have the confidence and swagger of the world’s greatest hip-hop artists. Borrow these boasts to get excited about the new school year and to practice overhyping what you did this summer.

7. “The World is Yours” by Nas: “Whose world is this? / The world is yours, the world is yours / It’s mine, it’s mine, it’s mine; whose world is this?”

gif via TUMBLR.

That’s right, the world is yours (and Nas’). This killer hook from his classic album “Illmatic” speaks for itself, so without further ado, get hyped for the new school year and for a few more badass-ly braggadocious lines in hip-hop.

6. “Rigamortus” by Kendrick Lamar: “Everybody b****ing, getting mad at me, recognize Kendrick in the battery / And I’m charged up and the catastrophe is charged up and the audacity / of y’all f**ks never could hassle me and y’all luck, just ran out you’ll see”

Before “To Pimp a Butterfly,” and before “good kid, m.A.A.d city” there was “Section.80.” In “Rigamortus” (from which these are the final lines) he warns us that he’s coming for the rap game, and he does so in glorious fashion.

5. “Method Man” by Wu-Tang Clan: “Hittin’ you from every angle there’s no doubt I / Am the one and only Method Man / The master of the plan, wrappin’ shit like Saran”

There were nine members of the original Wu-Tang Clan (9 members times 4 chambers per heart = “36 Chambers”), but only one got a track named after them. He’s probably the best-known member of Wu-Tang and this whole song answers why, as long as you can stomach the opening skit.

4. “Public Service Announcement (Interlude)” by Jay Z: “Fresh out the fryin’ pan into the fire / I be the, music biz number one supplier / Flyer than a piece of paper bearin’ my name / Got the hottest chick in the game wearin’ my chain, that’s right”

Oh man. It’s 2003 and “The Black Album” is billed as Jay Z’s last-ever album. Then, in a song that’s framed as an interlude where Jay Z shares a private moment with the listener, he blows us away with those lines. And yes, he is talking about Beyoncé.

3. “All Caps” by Madvillain: “So nasty that it’s probably somewhat of a travesty having me / Daily told the people ‘You can call me Your Majesty!’”

This one’s the ultimate humble-brag. At the end of the verse, he’ll be sure to tell you to “remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name.”

2. “POWER” by Kanye West: “I’m living in that 21st century, doing something mean to it / Do it better than anybody you ever seen do it / Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it / I guess every superhero need his theme music”

Madvillian’s MF DOOM might fancy himself a king, but Kanye fancies himself a superhero (recall his song “I Am A God” feat. God). He feeds on the media’s attention, and boy is there a lot of it.

1. Nicki Minaj’s entire verse on Kanye West’s “Monster”

Seriously, just put on this song (maybe even skip to 3:35) and read these lyrics. Her verse from this song is the best set of lyrics on the entire list. A roaring lion will signal its end.