I spent my summer working a full time job with Boston University Housing staff. I know what youre thinking: why would I abandon a summer filled with going to the beach, hanging out with friends and depending on weekly allowances from my mother? I had my reasons, but one motive to stay was the possibility of having a lot of me time. Thankfully, I did. In fact, I had a ton of time with myself, even during the workday. Part of my job was to check out buildings and see what needed fixing. See that fresh paint on the baseboard of your apartment in South? Yeah, I ordered that paint job for you. Did you notice how it’s just a little cooler in Mugar this month? I did that!

Inspecting what needed to be fixed around school required me to look into the nooks and crannies of our buildings and facilities. It led me to find some pretty neat places that many people dont know about or havent seen. Heres a list of some of the best hidden treasures from East to West campus.

1. John and Kathryn Silber Administrative Center, floors seven, eight and nine: 1 Silber Way

PHOTO BY ANNALYN KUMAR/ DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF.

Do not be fooled, friends. First of all, this building is actually directly attached to Questrom. Second, you are totally allowed to go up there. For some reason, people think they cant traverse the upper floors of our business school, but in my humble opinion, if youre paying for it, you might as well use it. This is also where President Brown dwells, so if you run into him, perhaps you could give him your two cents on the absurdity of BUs price tag.

The top floors are a revelation. As one of the area managers led me through the upper floor, he pointed out the beautiful (and expensive) chandeliers.

When we went into the elevators, he pointed to a mirror bordered with fancy gold, which he said was worth thousands of dollars. I am shook.

There is also a coveted balcony that hangs off the top floor facing the east side of campus.

2. The Judson B. Coit Observatory: 725 Commonwealth Ave.

PHOTO VIA PIXABAY.

PHOTO VIA PIXABAY.

The observatory at BU is arguably one of the prettiest amenities on campus. It’s a bit hidden, which is why I found myself passing the observatory nearly everyday without ever going inside. Located on top of CAS, the inside is just as beautiful as the outside simply because of what you can see through the telescope. The Observatory holds Public Open Nights on Wednesdays throughout fall and winter starting at 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. throughout spring and summer. Reserve yourself a free ticket, bring a friend and enjoy the cosmic show.

3. The Castle and BU Pub: 225 Bay State Rd.

PHOTO VIA WIKIMEDIA COMMONS.

PHOTO VIA WIKIMEDIA COMMONS.

Bet you didn’t think you could go into the Castle. (Do you see the trend here?) BU’s Castle is a historic Tudor Revival mansion on Bay State. While it usually serves as a venue for weddings and other ritzy events, you can still roam its rooms free of charge. The inside looks like it sounds: it’s a castle with beautiful architecture and decorum. The building is one of Boston’s most picturesque structures with mahogany and chandeliers everywhere. Check it out, post a pic on Instagram and thank me later.

When you’re done gawking at the Castle, head down to the the BU Pub (if you’re 21). It’s not hard to get to — the Castle and the Pub are in the same building. A personal recommendation is the Marketeer sandwich. There’s also dartboards, music and shuffleboard. I don’t know what shuffleboard is, but it sounds like a fun game to play in a castle.