As someone who grew up in Florida, Disney World was a core part of my childhood so it’s no wonder that I’ve always had a soft spot for Disney princesses. From owning the snow globes, to playing with the dolls, to dressing up in the costumes, I experienced the whole Disney princess phase as a kid and still enjoy watching one of the movies every so often. Jasmine and Ariel tie for a close second, but my favorite princess is Belle from “Beauty and the Beast.” With her brains, depth, sense of adventure and keen judge of character (plus her stunning yellow ball gown), I aspired to be like her.
When I found out that Disney was making a “Beauty and the Beast” live-action remake (which will star Emma Watson as Belle and Dan Stevens as Beast — too perfect), my childhood instincts were revitalized and I couldn’t help but feel giddy inside. A sneak peek clip of the show was just released, making fans like myself more excited than ever. It reminded me of all the things that, if it’s anything like the Disney original, we can look forward to seeing in this live-action version:
1. Feeling a connection to Belle’s wanderlust.
“I want adventure in the great wide somewhere.”
2. Witnessing the world’s greatest rejection when Belle kicks the oh-so macho Gaston out.
You go, girl.
3. Being painfully jealous of the gorgeous library that Beast gifts to Belle.
There’s something truly magical about it.
4. Enjoying the dynamic duo of Cogsworth and Lumière…
They’re basically the Disney versions of Brian and Stewie.
5. … and seeing Chip do his thing.
Did anyone else ever notice how much older his mom, Mrs. Potts, is than him?
6. Losing it as Beast’s sensitive side comes out.
*insert goosebumps here*
7. Lol’ing at Beast’s makeover: take one.
Don’t be upset, Beast. That’s not a good look for anyone.
8. Feeling your heart sink as the last rose petal drops.
No matter how many times you have seen it, it never gets old.
9. Fawning over Prince Aaron’s gorgeous locks when he finally becomes human again.
After all, man buns are peaking hardcore nowadays.
10. And lastly, possibly finally finding out what’s that gray stuff Belle eats.
If it’s French, it’s got to be delicious.
Now let’s get pumped and celebrate, Cogsworth-style.