It has been 10 years since a tidal wave of marijuana and blonde wigs, also known as Miley Cyrus, was unleashed upon an unsuspecting world. On March 24, 2006, “Hannah Montana” debuted on Disney Channel and became an unstoppable global juggernaut.

Teens everywhere were transported back to the 2000s Wednesday when "Hannah Montana" turned 10 years old. PHOTO VIA WIKIMEDIA COMMONS.

Teens everywhere were transported back to the 2000s Wednesday when “Hannah Montana” turned 10 years old. PHOTO VIA WIKIMEDIA COMMONS.

While Hannah Montana might be “chopped up into little tiny pieces and buried in [Miley Cyrus’] backyard,” according to Cyrus’ celebratory Instagram, she was the biggest star of the late 2000s, far outshining Poot Lovato and Selena Gomez. The show became a part of the American zeitgeist, propelling Miley Cyrus to superstardom. “Hannah Montana” indirectly supplied us with “Party In the U.S.A.,” and just for that, we should be forever thankful.

“Hannah Montana” wasn’t the No. 1 teen show for no reason. Its early seasons have held up well, combining normal teen issues with natural teen fascination with fame and Hollywood. And the music is still iconic. It might have declined in quality in later seasons, but the fact that such a charismatic and controversial talent like Miley Cyrus helmed the show placed it head and shoulders above its rivals.

Every week, little 10-year-old me would turn on Disney Channel, excited to watch the latest Hannah Montana adventure. Some of them I can still recall.

Easily the most memorable “Hannah Montana” episode was one featuring the Jonas Brothers. The union of Disney’s two biggest cash cows was a real event, and the episode played off the off-screen romance between Miley and Nick Jonas (RIP).

Then there was the relatable first-season episode, when Miley had to try to hide a zit before her big skincare promotional party.

And, of course, who could forget her torrid two-season romance with teen movie star Jake Ryan, whose real name was Leslie.

The episode when she had to pretend to date her older brother Jackson in order to protect her secret identity was an episode for the ages.

Or when her identical hick cousin from Tennessee tried to reveal her identity after committing a series of federal crimes.

“Hannah Montana” was a phenomenon off the television as well. There was her iconic concert tour — on which she had the Jonas Brothers open for her — that later became a record-breaking 3D movie that slayed your faves. The concert movie was followed a year later by “Hannah Montana: The Movie,” which also slayed your faves and had Taylor Swift as a hillbilly barn singer (all she’s really good for, in my opinion). The movie also gave us the great slow bop “The Climb.”

Speaking of bops, “Hannah Montana” also provided some great music. Y’all can try to deny it, but you still know all the words to the legendary theme song “Best of Both Worlds.” “Nobody’s Perfect” is quintessential, perfect teen pop. Hannah Montana was always a verse inspiration — she had the romantic bubblegum “If We Were a Movie,” rock-tinged “I Got Nerve,” dance-y “Let’s Get Crazy,” and Shania Twain-esque “He Could Be the One.” Call me trash all you want — I will defend the “Hannah Montana” music to the death. I still have the original “Hannah Montana” soundtrack that I got for Christmas in 2006.

Hopefully, one day all of the “Hannah Montana” stars will be washed-up enough to do a revival series on Netflix. Until then, keep rocking out to “Nobody’s Perfect.”