Mark Zuckerberg never stops. According to Vanity Fair, the CEO of Facebook has decided to challenge one of the most important and well-known search domains: Google. Apparently, Zuckerberg wants to make Facebook become more than it is. Zuckerberg wants Facebook to take on a new form as a search engine.

Mark Zuckerburg is pushing for his company, Facebook, to break into the search domain world of the Internet. PHOTO VIA WIKIMEDIA COMMONS.

News, events and relevant facts are more likely to be seen on a Facebook newsfeed rather than on a browser nowadays.

“We’re now increasingly using a set of applications that act as funnels for information, and gatekeepers to the wider Web,” Maya Kosoff writes in Vanity Fair.

In this context, Zuckerberg saw an opportunity and he is already pursuing it. He began developing new search features for Facebook in 2008, when he partnered with Bing, a Microsoft search domain, to deliver search results. In the past few months, Facebook has released a new feature that allows users to search for any of the enormous quantity of posts that are publicly viewable on its database.

Nevertheless, this function still appears to be clumsy and in need of refinement, for it still makes mistakes in the searching process. Zuckerberg’s idea of making Facebook the most-clicked search domain may make Google’s supporters upset. But is it a necessarily the wrong move? It is true, Zuckerberg has already successfully invested in many business affairs (remember when Facebook bought WhatsApp?), yet he desires more and is doing so by challenging Google.

His move could be seen as a smart one. Where Zuckerberg sees an opportunity, he chases it. It is a risky philosophy that might make him overstep his limits, but if it is followed with reason, it can’t be harmful. It is better to give it a try than settle for the minimum, and Zuckerberg seems to be the perfect example. Certainly, he already has achieved a lot in his young life, yet he wants to achieve more: it is not necessarily an act of presumption. Maybe it is just a way to challenge himself, to see how far he can go with his own actions and thoughts.

Everybody knows that Zuckerberg has always been a person that aims high, but for now, he has almost always achieved his goal. Nevertheless, it can be argued that aiming too high enhances the risk of death if one falls down. But is it always so? If a person decides to challenge something bigger then them, the risk of defeat is high only if reason is not applied.

A good start, for example, is seeking help and not playing the hero. Apparently, Zuckerberg has done that by partnering with Microsoft. Zuckerberg following his partnership with Bing when he “introduced something called Instant Personalization … in 2013, Facebook launched Graph Search,” Kosoff wrote. Again, Zuckerberg seems to know where he’s heading: there is no harm in challenging ourselves if reason and common sense are involved. In this battle, I support Facebook.