There is no doubt that MMA star Ronda Rousey was devastated by her November defeat. This is the life of a fighter, however, and it was just a matter of time before someone took away the belt. Rousey has been inside of the superstar bubble for a while. Holly Holm, who is almost six years older than Rousey, popped the bubble at just the right time.

Ronda Rousey was on Ellen Tuesday discussing how she is recovering mentally and emotionally from her loss to Holly Holm last November. PHOTO VIA WIKIMEDIA COMMONS.

Rousey’s speed, flair, confidence and strength have given her the momentum to crush one fighter after another. However, Holm was not an ordinary challenger. This former kickboxer could accurately land punches and kicks. Holm landed multiple shots, rearranging Rousey’s face while moving around and escaping Rousey’s hands.

Slowly but surely, Rousey lost the advantage and Holm took over the game. Holm finished Rousey with a sidekick to the face in the second round. Looking back at the fight, Rousey was just not prepared enough. From the arrogant walkaway from the glove touch to letting go when having the chance to do some damage to her opponent, Rousey simply did not do enough homework before the fight.

I am sure Rousey has learned her lessons from this fight.

For a long time, Rousey did not release any statements, attend any interviews or comment on the fight. She simply disappeared.

Three months after the dispiriting defeat, Rousey finally sat down with Ellen DeGeneres on the latter’s show Tuesday and opened up about this fight.

“It was my third title fight in nine months, and I don’t think anyone’s even attempted that before,” Rousey said. Given her physical condition, it was a bold move for Rousey and her management team to take on the fight. She was at her prime, and I don’t think fighting three fights in nine months was the problem.

The problem that caused Rousey’s defeat was Holm’s strikes on Rousey’s head.

“It’s hard to really know what’s going on,” she said, “I could see, but I couldn’t tell how far my hand was from my face or how far she was from me.”

Rousey wasn’t able to take advantage of her experience in grappling when she fought in conditions like this.

Losing is hard for everyone to absorb and process, especially for an undefeated fighter like Ronda Rousey. When she was sitting in the medical room after the fight, she questioned what was up next for her and even thought about committing suicide, she told DeGeneres.

“What am I anymore if I’m not this?“ she said. “I was literally sitting there, thinking about killing myself. It’s like, ‘I’m nothing, what do I do anymore?’”

While Rousey was right about the loss, she wasn’t right about people not paying attention to her. Holm won the fight, but she didn’t get that much coverage. Everyone was looking to find out what was happening with Rousey.

As one of the cover models for the 2016 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue, Rousey has restarted her career with a new outlook. She is still at the best physical condition in her career, and there is no doubt that this formidable fighter will stand up and fight again — maybe sooner than what people might expect. She’s coming.