“How’s it going, bros? My name is PewDiePie!”

YouTube mogul, Internet personality and legendary bro PewDiePie just partnered up with YouTube and announced a new show called “Scare PewDiePie,” which is set to premiere Wednesday.

For those who do not know anything about PewDiePie, you should. He is one of the biggest YouTube stars in the world, with more than 42 million subscribers on his channel and more than 11 billion views. The Swedish Felix Kjellberg is sweeping the globe with his game reviews, funny videos and all kinds of weird stuff he produces for his channel. PewDiePie absolutely dominates the YouTube scene with his enormous fan base, almost twice the size of the hit YouTube channel Smosh.

YouTube star, PewDiePie, creates new show for YouTube Red, their premium station. PHOTO BY SARAH SILBIGER/DAILY FREE PRESS

PewDiePie started his channel as a gaming blog to post videos of him playing games. He started with games like MineCraft and has gained more and more fans since 2011. His fame did not come from a single viral video. Instead, PewDiePie produces content daily to publish on his channel. His videos also evolved from gaming blogs to highlights, funny edited videos, game walkthroughs and product reviews. In late 2015, PewDiePie published his first independently produced game, “PewDiePie: Legend of the Brofist,” which received great reviews and performed well in the market.

In a blog post Wednesday, YouTube announced several shows for its premium service, YouTube Red. YouTube Red is a subscription-based service that allows YouTube users to watch high-definition videos and exclusive shows without ads. “Scare PewDiePie” is one of the four shows that YouTube announced for YouTube Red.

PewDiePie has kept this news for a long time. He said, “I’m so excited to finally tell you what I’ve been working on.”

In the trailer published on PewDiePie’s channel, the show, as the name suggested, mainly focuses on scaring PewDiePie himself. This web series, created by Skybound Entertainment (known for AMC’s “The Walking Dead”) and Maker Studios, is much-anticipated. This show features the Swedish gamer facing real, thrilling and scary scenarios inspired by some of his favorite horror games.

“It’s me being put into live horror scenarios, like live horror games,” PewDiePie said in an announcement video. “I had no idea what was going happen. It was one of the craziest experiences of my life, so I can’t wait for you bros to see it.”

The idea of the show sounds terrific, and I cannot wait to see PewDiePie get scared. However, in order to watch the show, I will have to pay $9.99 per month. This show is exclusive for YouTube Red and is not offered anywhere else, not even Netflix or Amazon videos.

This is YouTube’s first step into subscription service. This is a counterintuitive move for YouTube, since the core purpose of the site is to share videos and let everyone who has Internet to enjoy freely. The business model might work out well, but it is certainly annoying to pay to watch your favorite YouTube star. It just does not sound right.

PewDiePie is very optimistic about this show.

“I’m sure you bros will enjoy it,” he said, ” … and as always, stay awesome, bros.”