Over the last couple months, a group of CNN reporters took it upon themselves to find an answer to the question we have all been asking: why in the world are people still supporting Donald Trump? From Iowa to South Carolina, these reporters interviewed more than 150 people in 30 different cities, and the results are just what you would expect.

Donald Trump's only way to 'Make America Great Again' would be by dropping out of the race. PHOTO VIA FLICKR USER TRUMP_GAGE SKIDMORE

Donald Trump’s only way to ‘Make America Great Again’ would be by dropping out of the race. PHOTO VIA FLICKR USER TRUMP_GAGE SKIDMORE

The title of the article is “Why I’m voting for Trump,” so in an effort to highlight the ridiculous and hardly logical ideologies of Trump’s fan base, I have listed the main reasons why people say they are voting for the Republican candidate.

“Islam is not a religion. It’s a violent blood cult. OK?” Hoyt Wood, a South Carolina resident, said about Trump’s plan to “bomb the s—” out of the Islamic State.

The Quran 49:10 reads, “The Believers are but a single Brotherhood, So make peace with your brethren.” Doesn’t sound like a violent cult to me.

The fact is that the Quran, just like the Bible, was written during a different time, using outdated language. Misinterpretation is bound to happen.

Trump should understand, as he is not a stranger to misinterpretation himself. He did say he was planning on deporting Mexican-Americans who obtained their citizenship through their parents’ naturalization. The only reason I can think of, other than just plain idiocy, is misinterpreting the Constitution.

Regardless of Trump, most other politicians understand the correct meaning of the Constitution in the same way that most Muslims practice the peaceful, forgiving and unifying beliefs that make up Islamic thought. Radicalism exists in every religion, on every continent and can be practiced by people of any race, so not only is stereotyping and generalizing discriminatory, but it is actually just flat-out incorrect.

Rhett Benhoff of North Carolina is part of the “silent majority,” which believes racial tensions have been increased by President Obama and is relying on Trump to “make America great again.”

“I mean, it seems like we really go overboard to make sure all these other nationalities nowadays and colors have their fair shake of it, but no one’s looking out for the white guy anymore,” Benhoff told CNN.

Well first of all, the white guy is looking out for the white guy. Sixty-three percent of the U.S. population is Caucasian, the vast majority of public offices — especially at the federal level — are held by white males, and the “top 10 wealthiest people in America” list is anything but diverse. I think it is fair to say that the white guy has plenty of people watching his back, and influential ones, to say the least.

Trump supporters were not exclusive in their criticism of Obama’s administration. They also doubted his trustworthiness.

“It is true that he [Obama] now identifies as a Christian in the same sense that Bruce Jenner identifies as a woman,” Michael Rooney, a Massachusetts voter, who believes the President is actually a Muslim, told CNN.

If Rooney is going to use this reference, we might as well clarify that Caitlyn Jenner is both physically and legally a woman. Also, of course President Obama is and always has been a Christian and a natural-born citizen, despite the ridiculous theories that claim otherwise.

After reading the grammatically incorrect, factually inaccurate and incredibly superficial arguments behind some of Trump’s loyal supporters, it all makes sense. Ignorance follows ignorance, and at this point, the only way Donald Trump could make America great again would be by dropping out of the race and moving to a remote island as far away from media outlets as possible.