You don’t have to be a wrestling fan to know John Cena. The rap song that he recorded in 2005 took over the Internet about a month ago with a series of viral Vines “and his name is John Cena!” This rapper, actor, entertainer, killing machine, popular meme and, most importantly, professional wrestler is rumored to face the Undertaker or Roman Reigns in WrestleMania 32 main event.

John Cena is set to appear in Wrestlemania 32 in April 2016, and fans are left wondering who Cena is set to fight. PHOTO VIA WIKIMEDIA COMMONS

John Cena is rumored to appear in Wrestlemania 32 in April 2016, and fans are left wondering who Cena is set to fight. PHOTO VIA WIKIMEDIA COMMONS

Although WrestleMania 32 doesn’t happen until Apr. 3, 2016, this is the typical way that World Wrestling Entertainment markets their events. As most of us know, WWE stages all its events and plans how the wrestlers perform. Despite of all this planning and predetermination, WWE still manages to generate hype and attention with various methods.

The Undertaker or Roman Reigns are unlikely to take down John Cena in this event. From past experience, John Cena will probably have a hard time going against his opponent. He might get smashed into a table or get elbowed right in the face, but he will get up and defeat his opponent — unless WWE wants to surprise its fans with a big upset. There will be trash talk, the angry staring, the staged wrestling and John Cena’s epic intro. As always, John Cena will use his legendary rap song but he might get creative about the way he enters the ring.

Even with all the excitement about this wrestling event, a large section of society still wants nothing to do with the WWE. Such people even look down on this sport, calling it “fake.” To some extent, WWE is “fake” because they have writers in labs writing scripts and the result of the wrestling matches are predetermined. However, the WWE performers are still required to follow a very strict workout routine and a strict diet. Additionally, when you see them slamming their bodies into each other, that’s not fake. The performers don’t have padding like football players do.

It’s interesting that many fans, known as “marks,” think that the WWE is absolutely real and the wrestlers are really angry at each other. WWE uses the power of narrative and story to attract viewers. I’m sure most WWE fans are aware of this fact but they still enjoy it anyways.

Besides John Cena, WWE can certainly use Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson or Ronda Rousey for this event, but there haven’t been any rumors on the Internet yet. Ronda Rousey has a great chance of appearing in WrestleMania 32 since she lost for the first time in UFC 193 on Sunday. Not a lot of fans expected a loss from Rousey, but this loss exposed her weakness and could potentially end her career in mixed martial arts. Therefore, a smart choice for Rousey is to perform for WWE and take less injury next year until she has a sound strategy to avoid punches. If she decides to take more fights, a lot more strikers or former boxers won’t hesitate to sign contracts.

Whatever happens, one thing is certain. Get ready to see John Cena take the belt again.