Oh, Universal Studios Orlando, how it pleases people so. Full of rides, gift shops and junk food galore, it is an all-time favorite attraction for people from around the world. Its audience ranges from infants to adults, truly embracing the mantra, “there’s something for everyone.” Coming from South Florida myself, I am fortunate enough to have taken almost-annual class trips to this amusement park throughout middle school and high school. Even I, the opposite of a rollercoaster fanatic in just about all senses, am guaranteed a fun time whenever I go there, even if my heart will always belong to Disney World.

Universal Studios Orlando has announced its plan to open a ride starring late night talk show host Jimmy Fallon in 2017. PHOTO VIA FLICKR USER VIVA VIVANISTA

Aside from some typical thrilling rollercoasters, Universal Studios’ rides are predominantly character-themed, featuring superheroes such as the Hulk, cartoons such as the Simpsons and other popular movie personas such as Harry Potter. Needless to say, Universal Studios is quite an exciting place to be for fiction buffs.

Naturally, Universal Studios Orlando comes out with new rides every so often. Based on its track record, I would have bet money that its latest addition would be fiction-related — and if my prayers had been heard, Avatar-themed. Surprisingly, the theme park’s newest ride is headed on a different path, though, one that leads to New York’s “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.” That’s right, Universal Studios Orlando is opening up a ride featuring the legend himself.

The ride, called “Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon” is set to open in 2017. Its premise is a virtual tour of New York, and it will have 3-D features, as well as water and smoke special effects. I love Jimmy Fallon just as much as the next person — okay, maybe my parents have me beat — but I am not quite sure that he fits into the park’s overall theme. Universal Studios seems to have a reputation for fantasy-themed rides, and Jimmy Fallon is very much a real phenomenon. Therefore, his ride might seem a bit out of place next to, say, the park’s “Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem” ride.

While I do think that this ride may be a bit of a misfit, a concern that I imagine others have had, here’s my final say on the matter: I don’t really care. It does not matter to me whether or not “Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon” meshes with the other Universal Studios Orlando rides because, in all honestly, who doesn’t love Jimmy Fallon? He is absolutely hilarious and incredibly talented. From his spot-on impressions to his witty jokes and sarcastic comments, he truly knows how to captivate audiences of all ages.

Moreover, as if Fallon weren’t a big enough reason to go on this ride, the virtual tour of New York is the icing on the cake. As the city with the largest population in the United States, its landmarks are iconic and recognized throughout the world. It will be exciting for people who have never been to “The Big Apple,” particularly children, to go on Fallon’s ride and virtually see all its major sights right in Orlando, Florida. I think Universal Studios’ latest addition will be a great success.

So I guess I’m still waiting on an Avatar ride, but “Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon” is a pretty good exchange. If it were featuring anyone else, I may feel otherwise, but because it’s Jimmy Fallon, I embrace the ride with open arms and cannot wait for its release.