We’re all busy. We have clubs, sports, plays, activities, friends and, of course, school that we have to keep up with. And while we have try to balance all of these things, we have to smile and look like we’re holding it all together seamlessly.

Well, sometimes we’re just not. Sometimes, it is just too much. You’re running for 12 hours a day, with barely enough time to eat, sleep or even breathe. But it’s okay — we all have those days. It’s important to not let bad days consume you and send you into a downward spiral of stress and mental breakdowns.

We all have incredibly busy lives, but these simple tips will help decrease stress levels. PHOTO VIA FLICKR USER EMERGENCY BRAKE

We all have incredibly busy lives, but these simple tips will help decrease your stress level. PHOTO VIA FLICKR USER EMERGENCY BRAKE

Here are my top three tips for trying to find your way through those stressful periods. While I know being a 19-year-old doesn’t exactly make me an expert in any sort of subject, I do believe I have experienced enough of these days to have a little bit of insight.

TIP NUMBER 1: Learn how to successfully multitask.

There are many studies that talk about the harmful affects of multitasking, and how it truly isn’t possible. Lifehacker recently released an article about how to get the most out of your multitasking. They reference the fact that studies have proven that human brains aren’t 100 percent capable of multi-tasking, but they do express that it is possible. Multitasking isn’t evil.

They even express the benefits of multitasking, saying it increases your feeling of accomplishment, makes work more enjoyable, can help occupy your mind and release frustration when a task is giving you trouble. You just have to know when the right time to multitask is, limit the amount of tasks you multitask and layer the right types of tasks together. It’s that easy.

When you find yourself having to walk to get to your meeting and needing to respond to a couple emails for your job, do those at the same time. Multitasking can save you so much time and frustration.

TIP NUMBER 2: Take time and find outlets of relieving stress.

This could mean going to the gym, hanging out with friends or eating your favorite food — you just need to find something to get stress out of your system. Built up stress is not good for you or your body. 43 percent of adults have health complications from stress, and stress can play a role in headaches, high blood pressure, heart problems, skin conditions, asthma, depression and anxiety, just to name a few. Just get out, make time to take a walk and get your mind off of things. Your body will thank you.

TIP NUMBER 3: Learn how to say no.

To solve your over-commitment problems altogether, just say no to things. I know I certainly have this problem. I can’t reject any opportunity, and keep taking on more obligations until it feels like I’m drowning. I know this isn’t good for me, and it isn’t good for anyone else. And the fear of out missing (FOMO) is too real on this one, but in the long run having time for you, and not developing all of those health complications listed above, will be so beneficial.

So next time you’re overloaded with obligations and you need to stay sane, remember to multitask, deal with the stress effectively and maybe say no to one or two things. Managing our busy schedules is difficult thing to do, but in the end, all of this overloading will be worth it.