Elite Model Management discovered Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen, at a mall at the age of 14. Bündchen had no idea how much that day would change her life, or that she would become the most famous face in model history. She had her big break after auditioning for over 40 shows in London and finally landing McQueen’s 1998 runway spring collection. Bündchen has since walked in hundreds of designers’ runway shows, including those of Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Valentino and many more. In addition to her runway achievements, Bündchen has appeared on the cover of Vogue 11 times.

Supermodel Gisele Bündchen walked her final runway show on Wednesday. But is she really finished for good? PHOTO VIA FLICKR USER BOB BEKIAN

Before walking her final show on Wednesday, the supermodel rocked the runway for many designers during what appears to be her last spring fashion week. Bündchen notably walked the Chanel runway modeling the ready-to-wear collection for 2015. The show was staged as if it were a protest, and the supermodel blew up social media when she joined faces such as Kendall Jenner and Cara Delevingne, the most popular supermodels of today.

Bündchen traveled back home to take her last strut down the runway for the Brazilian high-end fashion spring-summer 2016 clothing collection for Colcci. Bündchen sported three looks in her final show, and during her final bow on the runway, fellow models supported her by wearing jeans and t-shirts with different pictures of Bündchen’s face on them. According to ELLE Magazine, Gisele seemed to get teary-eyed as her husband, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, looked on, extremely proud of his wife’s accomplishments.

The supermodel took to her Instagram account on Wednesday to tell fans, “I am grateful that at 14, I was given the opportunity to start this journey. Today after 20 years in the industry, it is a privilege to be doing my last fashion show by choice and yet still be working in other facets of the business.”

Bündchen has paved the way for many Brazilian models with similar dreams. Alessandra Ambrosio is another Brazilian supermodel that has followed in the footsteps of Bündchen. Ambrosio was also discovered by Elite Model Management as one of the finalists in a competition they hosted. Because of Bündchen, models from Brazil have had a greater chance of personal success and provide agencies with opportunities for success as well.

But is this truly Bündchen’s last walk on a runway? After Gisele took to social media to post her appreciation for all the opportunities she has gotten and made a teary-eyed final appearance for Colcci, her agent Anne Nelson told The New York Times, “I think a lot of people will still want her on the runway … Will she want to do it? That’s a whole other story.”

What do you think?