Nearly one year after Victoria’s Secret’s historical mistake of tweeting a spread of their models under the caption, “The Perfect ‘Body,’” people are still talking about it.

But not in the way you might think.

Lane Bryant is the latest company to speak out against Victoria's Secret in their a new social media campaign, #ImNoAngel. PHOTO VIA FLICKR USER MIKE MOZART

Lane Bryant is the latest company to speak out against Victoria’s Secret in their a new social media campaign, #ImNoAngel. PHOTO VIA FLICKR USER MIKE MOZART

Since this mishap, there has been wave after wave of body positivity sweeping the country. It’s like an infectious disease that you actually want to catch.

The latest body positivity campaign comes from Lane Bryant, a company that sells plus-sized clothing, entitled “I’m No Angel.”

Obviously, this takes a stab at Victoria’s Secret’s slogan from this past year. However, Lane Bryant is clearly making strides to spread body positivity to all people. Thousands of people around the country have used the hashtag #ImNoAngel to display the confident body image they have about themselves.

The spread looks surprisingly similar to the Victoria’s Secret Perfect Body ad, but it features a spread of plus-sized models, some of whom were featured in Sports Illustrated as the first-ever plus-sized models to be featured in the magazine’s annual swimsuit issue.

Linda Heasley, CEO of Lane Bryant, told Racked that #ImNoAngel was created to get all women, no matter what size or shape, to love the way they look. “Lane Bryant firmly believes that she is sexy, and we want to encourage her to confidently show it, in her own way,” she said.

Many other companies, such as Dove, also strive to portray empowerment and confident self-image in their advertising campaigns. They released a video on April 7 with the hashtag #ChooseBeautiful, where women had the choice of walking through one of two doors: one named “Beautiful” and the other “Average.”

Some may see the Lane Bryant campaign as skinny shaming, based on the fact that all the models are plus-sized in the photo. However, Lane Bryant is a plus-sized clothing company, so the chances of them using models that fit every facet of the spectrum are unlikely to begin with.

The world is slowly getting on board with recognizing a lack of self-image and is doing things to change it for the better.

Lane Bryant made a bold statement against Victoria’s Secret with #ImNoAngel, but hopefully body positive campaigns like this don’t die out anytime soon. Be sure to share your confidence with the world. The moral of the story is that whether you’re an angel or not, just remember that you’re beautiful.