On April 2, TVLine reported that the iconic ’90’s television show “Full House” plans to have a follow-up reunion series. This news struck former “Full House” fans with a wave of nostalgia for Danny Tanner’s Obsessive Compulsive Disorder cleaning, Uncle Jesse’s singing, Joey’s comedy act and Michelle Tanner’s “You got it, dude.” The catch to this revival show, however, is that it will be on Netflix.

A new Netflix revival of "Full House" may primarily feature D.J Tanner, played by Candace Cameron Bure, and her best friend, Kimmy Gibbler. PHOTO VIA WIKIPEDIA

A new Netflix revival of “Full House” may primarily feature D.J Tanner, played by Candace Cameron Bure, and her best friend, Kimmy Gibbler. PHOTO VIA WIKIPEDIA

New rumors about this revival series are practically spreading daily, but the biggest one of all suggests that D.J. Tanner, played by Candace Cameron Bure, and Kimmy Gibbler, played by Andrea Barber, will be the stars of this show. As great as it would be to see this dynamic duo 20 years later, fans are already wondering what would happen if other “Full House” cast members were missing on this reunion show. Things just would not be the same without the rest of the “Full House” family, but I suppose revivals have the ability to feature whomever they please.

Aside from the rumors about the reunion’s cast, I find it most interesting that the revival will be shown on Netflix. For a show that was around before Netflix, let alone before DVDs even existed, to be revived on an online forum says quite a bit about where technology has traveled to today. It seems like the group activity of sitting around a television screen to watch a show or two is slowly being overridden by the all-encompassing Internet.

As a freshman in college, I have recently learned to let go of the TV and commit to my laptop screen instead. I do actually have a television in my dorm room, but I also have a roommate. Even though my roommate and I get along well, we never want to bother each other with the television on in the background. In turn, we resort to using our own laptops, where we can turn to our faithful friend Netflix, where we each have a large array of TV shows and movies to choose from with the click of a button.

Along with producing its very own shows that cannot be found on television, Netflix has a major quality with which television cannot compete: personalization. When the home page of Netflix loads, I am already logged in, and a welcoming “Top Picks for Alexis” headline sits at the top of the screen. I scroll down on the page, and within seconds, I see a subtitle that says, “Based on your interests in…” and the names of two shows I have previously watched on Netflix appear. Wow! My very own list of shows and movies chosen specifically for me! Now, this is a clever offer on Netflix’s part. Instead of sitting in front of the TV guide, waiting for a TV series name to scroll by that sounds even remotely interesting to me, I have a premade selection of shows and movies to watch that are right up my alley.

As easy as Netflix may be, I sometimes find myself missing my old friend — my television — as I curl around my laptop at night trying to find a comfortable position.

In some ways, I like that television helps determine what to watch because it only allows me to choose from what is showing at that time. It makes things simpler, and also makes it easier for me to watch a show with friends. That being said, Netflix is definitely a rising force, and with its convenience, it is becoming a major platform for new TV shows, movies and even revivals. Airing the “Full House” revival series on Netflix may just be the best way to resurface this slightly dated show into today’s world, as well as the most accessible way for audience members to catch up on the beloved Tanner family and their lives.