Ever wish you could experience the physical and psychological agony endured by Katniss Everdeen and company in “The Hunger Games” series? Well, lucky reader, now you can!

Just kidding — there’s probably no agony involved. But if you do want to get some insight into what it was like to live in Katniss’ post-apocalyptic, dystopian world, look no further than Dubai.

Is a theme park really the best way to showcase "The Hunger Games" series? PHOTO VIA FLICKR USER CARISSA ROGERS

Is a theme park really the best way to showcase “The Hunger Games” series? PHOTO VIA FLICKR USER CARISSA ROGERS

On March 31, Lionsgate Films confirmed via press release that they would be partnering with a Dubai theme park company to create a “Hollywood”-themed park. The park will include a section based on the popular book and movie series, including rides and other attractions. The park is slated to open in October 2016, The Huffington Post reported.

I couldn’t help but wonder when reading this recent development about what kind of rides the theme park would include. You don’t have to be a stranger to the series to know that Panem is not exactly the most pleasant place to live.

If you need a recap: “The Hunger Games” tells the story of a 16-year-old girl named Katniss Everdeen, who lives in the authoritarian nation of Panem. Panem is divided into “districts.” Every year, each district randomly chooses two young people to compete in a televised fight to the death. As the series progresses (spoiler alert), Katniss loses friends and family members, and she leads her country in a rebellion to overthrow the government and its creepy leader, President Snow.

Like I said before: not exactly pleasant. At this point, Lionsgate has yet to release any information about what kinds of rides the theme park will be featuring, but if they’re struggling for ideas, here are some fun ones:

• Interactive experience: Join Katniss and Gale as you sneak off to the woods surrounding District 12. See if you can keep up with their hunting skills as you keep an eye out for the weird government workers in their weird planes who will literally zap you from the sky if they spot you.
  • Water ride: Strap yourself in as you zoom through the sewer system underneath Panem’s capital. Don’t forget about the chemically enhanced lizard creatures that are probably going to chase you the entire way.
  • Roller coaster: Step aboard the wings of a mockingjay and hold on tight! She’ll take you flying high above Panem, just so you can see the whole thing and how awful it really is.
  • Meet your fellow “Hunger Games” fans: Enjoy time with your fellow theme park patrons as you all enter an arena and fight to the death.

Okay, obviously these are all exaggerations. However, it will be interesting to see just how Lionsgate pulls this off. “The Hunger Games” isn’t “Harry Potter,” whose theme park recreates a magical world that young children dream about before going to bed at night, a place where older fans cry at the sight of their childhood imagination coming to life (don’t tell me I was the only one).

Besides the obvious fact that “The Hunger Games” isn’t as pleasant as “Harry Potter,” the entire point of the series is to examine how awful it is for people to live in an oppressive society. It aims to teach us how to change our ways in order to avoid creating a world similar to the one that Katniss must endure. Why are we trying to make a theme park to make even more money off that concept?

I won’t lie and say I’m not skeptical, but if Lionsgate can figure out a good way to execute this idea, I may have to schedule a trip to Dubai in the future. Spring Break 2017, anyone?