This season’s newest and hottest styled bags have finally hit the runway over the past few weeks, setting the mark for fashion lovers everywhere.

Bucket Bags are a hot spring style. PHOTO VIA FLICKR USER Maegan Tintari

First, the bucket bag design is back for another season. Designers including Armani, Ralph Lauren and Gucci have made beautiful bags, as seen in their runway collections for spring 2015. Perforated leathers and exotics including crocodile embody the beautifully styled bucket bag. My favorite bucket bags for this season include: Karl Lagerfeld’s mini studded embellished bucket bag in all-black leather. This bag is so hot it is basically sold out everywhere already. Secondly, I was really proud of Balenciaga for creating a new style bag. I am so used to seeing their traditional style, so I was pleasantly surprised to see them make a bucket bag. My favorite, because my favorite color is black, is their Papier Drop Bucket Bag, which has an easy-to-open-and-close top because it includes a magnet. Drawstrings on bucket bags can get annoying, so props to Balenciaga for doing it right! Next, I fell in love with the Stella McCartney classic chain and faux leather bag that exemplifies the new bucket bag she has recently added to the collection. All of these bags are small bucket bags. However, the bucket bag does come in bigger styles and multiple colors to fit any person and their personality. The Yves Saint Laurent medium fringe bucket bag is perfect for this season. Not only is this a bucket bag, but also it has fringe, which is in right now. Coming in a classic black color and gold hardware, this bag is perfect for day or night.

Saddlebags are making a comeback this season. PHOTO VIA FLICKR USER Mathilda Samuelsson

Second, saddlebags are back in style. Many designers of spring 2015 collections incorporated a 1970s theme, so it was only right to bring back this cross-body classic. My favorite saddlebag was definitely from The Row’s collection. The Row has created the perfect shoulder bag called the Sideby Pebbled Calfskin, which comes in black. It has an adjustable strap and is the perfect bag for a day out on the town. In a similar style to the saddlebag, the messenger bag is back and probably started the trend of the oh-so-similar bags. Lagerfeld, as usual, started the trend with his spring 2015 collection and funky bag. Although this bag is a little too out there for me, I am sure many fashion lovers around the world are jumping for joy over this very different bag. Lagerfeld’s bag for the Chanel collection, although out there — in an army green color with a colorfully stained look — is very brilliant in my eyes. This is because it is the first time that Lagerfeld has started a trend in which a designer messenger bag is perfect to be used for designer pins that Chanel and other luxury brands are making. Lagerfeld was probably expanding on his idea from last year’s bag bugs with Fendi when he came out with his Karlito bag charm.

Will you check out two of the hottest bags for the season? If so, which one will you get?