Get ready, because spring is just around the corner. Models on and off the catwalk and fashion week’s “it” crowd have set the trends for the upcoming season. With the newest season just weeks away, stock up on bright colors ranging from orange, yellow and even lime green because bright colors are back and hotter than ever.

In past shows, such as their Fall 2011, Chanel has stuck to muted colors, such as black and white. Now, flashy colors, like orange, are trending. PHOTO VIA GOOGLE IMAGES

Chanel’s Spring-Summer Haute Couture show set the standards once again for what to wear for the next season. As Karl Lagerfeld, head designer and creative director for Chanel, said at the show on Jan. 27, “We did what we normally do not do in Chanel which is usually black, white … off white, pastel color, but suddenly I think there was something in the air that … wanted something stronger. The flower that has hip bold colors too.”

The bright colors that embody many different types of flowers are seen to be taking over the season, covering long shawls, trench coats, pants and furs of trendsetters hitting the streets in between shows. Yes, fur is still in, considering the winter is never ending this year. On a similar note, dark colors are always in, but are taking a step aside for the brighter colors that have been hidden away for so many seasons prior to this. Not only does this next season’s clothing essentials encompass bright floral colors, but floral prints and strips are back too.

Lagerfeld made clear during his Spring-Summer 2015 Haute Couture Chanel show what colors were in, as well as what style of top would be in, too. During the show, it became clear to viewers that the crop top was going nowhere anytime soon. Be careful, ladies — this does not mean it is okay to pair the midriff-revealing top with a short skirt. In fact, this is highly contrary. Crop tops are in and to be paired with classy long skirts, and as we know from her many similar outfits, Kim Kardashian would be happy about this style choice.

Many of us up north, especially Bostonians, are over the long winter. This “six more weeks of winter” calls for a slow transition into thinner layers, but does not call for a slower transition into spring trends. With the longer skirt, want for newer jean styles and colorful patterned furs, it is possible for the hottest styles to be manageable in even colder temperatures. The jeans trending in the latest spring runway collection include sweatpant elastic waste bands in Fendi, bejeweled pants shown in Dolce & Gabbana and even jean top and bottom jumpsuits for Chloé. It is clear people are getting bored with the classic skinny jean or flared cut.

Spring Couture and Ready-to-Wear shows are taking place in the fashion capital of the world: Paris. Models leave shows sporting the clothing from the runway they just walked, literally walking off with the biggest styles that are going to take over the next season. Models and fashion show attendees who are inspired by the shows also embody the approaching spring collections in their street style. It is time to see — on the most popular fashion sites from Vogue to Style.com — what is hitting the streets and the runways.