By Kyra Louie, Staff Writer
@beammeupkyra

We’ve all had those nights where you drink a little too much and throw out embarrassing drunk selfies and text people you’re not supposed to. Who would have ever thought that there would be an app to fix that?

Well, now there is. The new app called Drunk Mode is here to help be that mobile best friend.

It lets you recover Snapchats (only for Android users, but expected to include iPhone users by the spring), prevent drunk dialing and can even share your location with friends when you need some extra help.

Drunk Mode also leaves “breadcrumbs” for you and maps out your stumbling path from the night before, so you can see where you ventured off to before returning home (or someone else’s home).

Founded by University of Virginia Alum Joshua Anton, this app is currently in beta mode for iPhone and Android.

This is a great app for college students. There have been too many times where I’ve had to go out and find a friend who was drunk, or stop them from texting someone they shouldn’t. My friends have had to do the same with me, and I’m sure we’re not the only ones who’ve experienced this.

It’s kind of a way to live your night over again if you don’t remember, plus it keeps you safe with the “Find My Drunk” feature, just in case you get caught in a pickle. And it’s important to know where everyone in your group is before going to or leaving the party.

It’s good to know that Drunk Mode has your back. And hopefully with awareness this app will spread like wildfire, because it could help save someone’s life one day.

Below is a video tutorial, if you will, about how the Drunk Mode app and its features work. Have a great Thanksgiving break and stay safe!