By Danny McCarthy, Staff Writer
@thedanosaurus

CAPTION./PHOTO VIA Flickr user Red Touch Media

Bethenny Frankel returns to reality television in “Real Housewives of New York City” this season./PHOTO VIA Flickr user Red Touch Media

Bethenny Frankel officially confirmed this week that she will be rejoining Bravo’s “Real Housewives of New York City” for its upcoming seventh season. Frankel appeared on the show’s first, second and third seasons before departing for her own spin-offs, “Bethenny Getting Married?” and “Bethenny Ever After.”

The reunion of Frankel and RHONY comes after a tough year for both. Frankel’s titular talk show was canceled after one season, and the “Real Housewives’” season six had a serious drop in the ratings.

Frankel has long been considered one of Bravo’s most popular “Housewives,” and her return can bring fresh life to a dulled show. Frankel, in a post on her website, said, “The idea of doing the show feels exciting and refreshing, like it did at the beginning all those years ago. New faces, new circumstances, and in many ways, a new me and a new life.”

Since her departure, Frankel has starred in two reality TV series, and one talk show. She has had a pregnancy, an engagement and marriage, a daughter and a divorce. She has seen the success of her Skinnygirl cocktail company and written two more books.

Hopefully all these changes haven’t softened Frankel’s sharp tongue. With a ferocious wit and penchant for excellent eye-rolls and remarks, Frankel blazed on the screen in the first seasons of RHONY. She dealt with drama from LuAnn, the destruction of a friendship with Jill and witnessed Kelly go full-on crazy, all without losing her humor. Frankel’s humor is what made her so relatable, and what made us so obsessed with her.

Frankel will join the season seven cast of Carole Radziwill, Kristen Taekman, LuAnn de Lesseps, Heather Thomson, Sonja Morgan and Ramona Singer. Singer, de Lesseps and Frankel were among the original three “Housewives” and appeared briefly alongside Morgan. However, interactions between Radziwill, Taekman and Thomson, who joined in seasons five and six, will be fresh. Sadly, Aviva Drescher, infamous for tossing her prosthetic leg on the floor of a five-star restaurant during a “Team Sonja” celebration dinner — what they were celebrating and what exactly “Team Sonja” is, remains to be seen — is not expected to return for the seventh season. This means we will be cheated out of a Aviva-Bethenny face-off, which I can only assume will result in the imploding of televisions around the world.

Frankel is expected to breathe fresh life into a show that has largely become repetitious and boring. Who knows who she will side with? Will it be “de Lesseps vs. Frankel” round two? How will Ramona — who has largely gotten more delusional since the departure of Frankel — react to seeing her old co-star again? What is “Team Sonja?”

With so many questions, the only logical answer is to tune in to the new season of “Real Housewives of New York City.”