By Ross Hu, Staff Writer

Why do celebrities have to be so crazy?

Rihanna ./ PHOTO VIA Flickr user Mariya Butd

Rihanna wasn’t so happy about CBS cutting her song as part of their “Thursday Night Football” program./ PHOTO VIA Flickr user Mariya Butd

Followers of Rihanna on Twitter will surely remember a rather, ahem, colorful tweet from the singer aimed at CBS on Tuesday, in which she said, “CBS you pulled my song last week, now you wanna slide it back in this Thursday? NO, [expletive] you! Y’all are sad for penalizing me for this.”

CBS had recently begun using Rihanna’s cover of Jay-Z’s “Run This Town” as the opening theme for their program, “Thursday Night Football.” Last Thursday, however, the network decided to scrap the opening theme of the show to make room for discussion and commentary about the Ray Rice scandal engulfing both the NFL and the media.

It would seem that CBS intended to continue to use Rihanna’s song, but were not so adamant about it that they would ignore her tweet ordering them to do otherwise.

“We will be using our newly created ‘Thursday Night Football’ theme music to open our game broadcast,” said CBS Senior Vice President of Communications Jennifer Sabatelle in a statement.

But the company that owns the rights to the song, Roc Nation, is claiming that the change is actually the result of a revocation of rights. Why revoke the rights?

“Due to the misuse and misrepresentation of Rihanna’s name and participation in connection to CBS,” according to Roc Nation. The company is clearly trying to save face and make it seem that they had the upper hand all along… which is pointless if they use the same childish reasoning that Rihanna did.

Speaking of Rihanna’s reasoning, why did she throw a temper tantrum over CBS covering a story about domestic violence committed by a celebrity? It’s an issue one would think she’d care about, considering the fact that Ray Rice is currently getting away with his actions for much the same reasons that Chris Brown got away with beating Rihanna back in 2009.

Why do celebrities have to be so crazy?