By Erica Schwartz
@ericasalviati

The key to transformation is dedication./PHOTO VIA Erica Schwartz

I don’t believe in the freshman 15. When most people hear the words “chili-cheese fries” or even, BU ‘s favorite, “Insomnia Cookies”, they salivate and jump for the opportunity to indulge. When I hear those words, my immediate response is disgust, involuntarily bombarding me with memories of the days when I weighed 30 pounds heavier.

I decided, with writing a blog about health and fitness lifestyle, it would be best to start off explaining how much my life is actually devoted to it. In the past two months, I have successfully shed so much weight and, believe it or not, I’ve never felt so in control of my body.

The key tip? Dedication.

If you are actually interested in losing the weight yourself, feel free to email me whenever and I’ll give you specifics as to what I have done (I have turned into half of my floor mates’ personal trainer). But the main thing is that I have been recording my daily calorie intake, along with sticking to a limit on grams of fat, sugar, and carbohydrates. I work out six days a week, with a variation of kickboxing, yoga, Zumba, running and lifting weights. However, I am a prime witness that losing weight is 80 percent nutrition and only 20 percent fitness…eating like a psychotic hunger-crazed dinosaur will get you nowhere.

My biased opinion is that health and fitness should be a top priority in life. Since my transformation, I have never felt so alive and confident. Yes, you can still enjoy the occasional chocolate or shot of vodka (if you’re over 21, of course), but you have to learn to value your body and self.