By Steph Solis, Staff Writer
@stephmsolis

The many opportunities that come with “thrifting.”/PHOTO VIA Meryl Tochen of The Garment District

Whether looking for some vintage chic, or a cheaper pair of jeans, Boston’s got you covered. Check out a roundup of thrift shops near BU’s Charles River campus.

This isn’t a full list by any means, but if there are any vintage or consignment store that deserves a shout out then simply comment below.

Second Time Around (Back Bay)

Second Time Around does consignment with designer clothes and accessories (it’s slogan is “resale goes upscale”). It’s a great place to track down classy vintage cardigans and cocktail dresses, but I wouldn’t recommend it if you’re on a tight budget.

The chain has a few locations in Boston, including two on Newbury Street.

The Garment District (Cambridge)

The Garment District is a thrift shopper’s dream. The Cambridge store is not just known for their low price tags, but also for their By The Pound sales. Every day but Friday, the store leaves out 850 pounds worth of clothing for shoppers to sift through and collect. At $1.50 a pound, it’s a steal.

Just a heads up, you might also want to check out their Halloween selection. They have decent prices on costumes, and in October they stay open until midnight.

Buffalo Exchange (Allston)

This is the go-to place for thrifty BU students. It looks more like a secondhand Urban Outfitters than a thrift shop, which is perfect if you’re just looking for something trendy that doesn’t leave you broke.

BU students often go to Buffalo Exchange to sell their clothes at the end of the year. About 80 percent of the store’s selections are bought from local consumers, according to it’s website. But keep in mind they prefer clothes that are in style and in mint condition.

Goodwill (Allston)

If you have a few hours to kill, look through Goodwill’s selection. It looks dull at a glance, but somewhere there’s an ugly Christmas sweater or a hippy leather patchwork bag you’ll want to take home. It’s also a good place to find basic supplies for DIY costumes.

Urban Renewals (Allston)

Urban Renewals also has its fair share of thrifty gems. It’s not the place to go for trendy vests or hippy chic, but you’ll find some decent clothes and even a good shoe (all for under $10).