Soulja Boy hit the top of the charts in September 2007. PHOTO VIA WIKIMEDIA COMMONS

Rumor has it, if you say “2007” over and over again fast enough, it’ll sound like you’re saying “iconic,” probably because that’s the only adjective you’ll ever need to describe that year. Admit it: 2007 will be the most iconic year of the century. Between Britney, Paris, Lindsay, Motorola RAZRs, BlackBerrys, “High School Musical,” and Juicy Couture tracksuits, it was truly a time to be alive. Remember logging onto Webkinz or MySpace, or having to carry around a tiny iPod Shuffle or haul around a chunky iPod Classic? Endless trends stayed behind, but so many others continued to live on. Thinking about the notorious year gives me the perfect amount of nostalgia.

Here are seven things from September of ‘07 to take you back:

1.   The music. On the Billboard Hot 100 charts in Sept. 2007, Sean Kingston held the top spot with his song “Beautiful Girls” from Sept. 1 to Sept. 8, when Fergie took over with “Big Girls Don’t Cry (Personal).” Fergie held the No. 1 spot until Sept. 15, when Soulja Boy took over with his smash hit “Crank That (Soulja Boy).” But then, on Sept. 29, Kanye West took the top spot with his Daft Punk collaboration and classic banger “Stronger.”

1.   The 2007 MTV Video Music Awards. On Sept. 9, Britney Spears performed “Gimme More” from her fifth studio album, “Blackout,” at the VMAs. It was her first major live performance of her comeback from mental health issues. Oh, and Rihanna won the award for Monster Single of the Year (presented to her by the always-spray-tanned Nicole Scherzinger and queen Eve) for the standout “Umbrella.”

1.   IPhone sales were just starting to pick up after the original model was released in June. At first, everyone held onto their BlackBerrys for dear life. If only we knew how fast that would all change.

1.   Paris Hilton appeared on “Late Show with David Letterman” on Sept. 28, three months after being released from jail.

1.   Avril Lavigne. Her pop-punk classic “Girlfriend” was still killing it on the music charts seven months after being released. “Girlfriend” would later go on to be one of the best-selling songs of the year, highest selling pop-punk songs of all time and most viewed YouTube video at the time.

1.   “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” premiered on Oct. 14. This was before the reality show took off into Hollywood and before the family became a business.

1.   “Shrek the Third” was still shown in almost every movie theater across the country. You can probably still find it in a store somewhere. When it comes to Shrek, the party’s never ogre.

Will we ever have another year as amazing as 2007? Only time can tell … or maybe Raven-Symoné from “That’s So Raven” will have a vision and be able to tell us instead.