It’ll only be a matter of time until the bright purples and yellows seen on the London Fashion Week runways fill shop windows all over the world.

If you thought ruffles had their moment last season, think again. They’re back again, this time with full-volume force. From Molly Goddard to Preen by Thornton Bregazzi, ruffles cascaded in just about every direction. Quaint suburbanism was juxtaposed with erotic flair in Christopher Kane’s show as models strutted in cotton-candy flowered gowns and latex skirts. Ruffles took on a suggestive tone when they were made out of sheer fabrics with high slits.

Christopher Kane Spring Summer 2018. “Domestic Services”. Backstage #ChristopherKane #SS18 #DomesticServices

A post shared by Christopher Kane (@christopherkane) on

Right by the River Thames, Giorgio Armani celebrated the opening of a new Emporio Armani on the iconic Bond Street with their ready-to-wear show. Bright, retro prints reminiscent of the 80s took up much of the real estate on frocks and jumpers. The men’s pieces, on the other hand, featured a more muted, monochromatic theme. Smart trousers and severe blazers in pinstripe, grey and black popped against the vibrantly colored female counterparts. The androgynous cut seemed to be the main motif driving Armani’s styles for the season.

Liven up your wardrobe in bright shades to face the chilly days ahead. As featured in @harpersbazaarus. Link in bio.

A post shared by Giorgio Armani (@giorgioarmani) on

Tommy Hilfiger and Gigi Hadid’s collaboration extravaganza may have been highly anticipated by social media-savvy teens and refined adults alike. But personally, I was most excited about two London natives, Levi Palmer and Matthew Harding, who have a line together. They may be considered underdogs – or more aptly, underpuppies – relative to industry heavyweights such as Simone Rocha or JW Anderson, who have been releasing thoughtful and artistic pieces for many seasons now. However, this two-man team is neither reserved nor amateur in expressing their vision. Affectionately known as The Shirt Boys, Palmer Harding is like Brooks Brothers minus the aggressively preppy and obnoxiously unicolor choices. They take traditional menswear shirting and put their own flavor to it and I had the opportunity to see it first hand during London Fashion Week’s Autumn/Winter 2017 presentation. Stiff collars and flowing silhouettes, deconstructed takes on the classic trench coat – these boys consistently bring unique perspectives to traditional tropes.

Super humans stomping the catwalk in beautiful works of art is a universal event. Spring/Summer 2018 is fresh on our minds but it won’t be long until February arrives with its latest takes on the Autumn/Winter seasons to come.