If Netflix paid its subscribers to binge watch TV shows, I would’ve been a millionaire this summer. Okay, maybe not a millionaire, but let’s just say that I would’ve made a lot of money. It just so happened to be one of those summers where my friends were all over the place, days off didn’t line up, beach days were few and far between, and I had a lot of rainy day dog-sitting gigs. As a result, I spent a good chunk of my summer watching various shows and movies on Netflix.

Life gets crazy and sometimes all you need is a solid day of laying on your couch or in your bed in comfy pajamas. Pair that with some TV shows and some snacks and you’re set for the day. I typically try to avoid watching any shows that are currently on TV in order to avoid spoilers on any social media, so Netflix is my own personal haven.

Sometimes it’s okay to treat yourself to a day of binge-watching but don’t forget to go outside and enjoy the sunshine every once in awhile! Here’s a brief overview of the shows that I spent hours watching:

“Friends”

GIF via Buzzfeed

GIF via Buzzfeed

I grew up seeing random episodes of this show on television after dinner. While I had seen a few dozen episodes and thought that I had a general idea of what was happening in the show, little did I know how much I was missing when I wasn’t watching the episodes consecutively. I had to start from the very beginning and it was so worth it. I am still working on finishing this show, but I can definitely say that I have already had a Mr. Heckles moment at school with noisy neighbors.

“Santa Clarita Diet”

GIF via Netflix

GIF via Netflix

This was honestly one of the strangest shows I have ever watched. It was gory but not gory in the way that “The Walking Dead” is. The main character, Sheila (Drew Barrymore), and her family are facing a slew of challenges with a newly discovered obsession that Sheila has. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a comedic yet strange show. Once you make it past the first few episodes it gets a lot better.

“Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”

GIF via celebuzz.com

GIF via celebuzz.com

This is a very corny but funny show. From days in the bunker to nannying and being a personal assistant for the White family, the show encapsulates all of the struggles that Kimmy faces. So many things go wrong for Kimmy but at the end of every day she is still her happy self. Trust me, that theme song will be stuck in your head for the rest of the year.

“Dear White People”

GIF via Netflix

GIF via Netflix

The first few episodes were a little strange with the voice over narration — I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect — but I kept watching a few episodes and kind of liked it. Students at a mainly white Ivy League college battle and discuss the trials and tribulations of being black in a predominantly white atmosphere.

“Girlboss”

GIF via Netflix

GIF via Netflix

This show. Yes. Sophia, the main character, discovers a passion for fashion after getting fired from her job and having a few rebellious moments. This series shows the ups and downs of life as a young female entrepreneur, as she deals with familial issues, relationship problems and even a boil.