Last weekend, I went on a whale watching tour at the Boston Harbor. It was a sunny day, and I could see the top of Prudential Center when I first went on board. As I started the voyage on the ship, I somehow felt detached to the city. The new memories that I have in Boston all came back to me and I began to reflect.

Looking at the city, besides the scuttle when the plane was approaching Logan International Airport, I came to realize that this city was now my second home besides Beijing. To be honest, at the beginning, I was nervous and did not have the confidence to speak to others. As many of you may have experienced, I struggled before I went to my first office hour of PH 160. Lots of weird thoughts came to my head when I stepped in. What if my professor could not understand me? Can I just drop the course? Things turned out to be much better. All the professors were very kind, and from talking with them, I unlocked the hidden characteristics of myself and began to believe in my abilities to challenge myself. I went to interesting places and discovered restaurants; I chatted with Uber drivers and heard their funny stories; I adapted more in this new society, even the changing weather. Coming back from sea to land, I realized that I have grown up so much.

Coming from Bejing to Boston was hard, but it's been a year to remember. PHOTO VIA WIKIMEDIA COMMONS

Coming from Bejing to Boston was hard, but it’s been a year to remember. PHOTO VIA WIKIMEDIA COMMONS

I also want to thank everyone at The Daily Free Press who contributed to my freshman year. Especially to Weihua, Kalina and Meredith. Throughout this semester, I wrote blogs and shot videos with my peers together. They guided me when I met difficulties and encouraged me to be the more confident person I am now. I also want to thank you for reading my blog. Thank you Boston, and the people I have met and will meet in this city.

1. I must say it was hard to find your site in search results.
    You write great articles but you should rank your website higher in search engines.
    If you don’t know 2017 seo techniues search on youtube: how to rank a website Marcel’s way