With only a few weeks left until summer, it can be difficult to focus on school work and not daydream about summer plans. Finals are quickly approaching and classes are almost over. Believe me, all I have been thinking about is what I am doing over the summer, but I have a few tips that will help you stay motivated in these final weeks before the summer hits.

Look at the big picture.

Your classes are what really matter in the long term for these last few days. Study whenever you can and take advantage of the time you have. The feeling of finishing your work is going to be amazing.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

Focus on yourself.

While you should be studying for exams as much as possible, also make sure that you take some time to relax and destress. Go on a walk, a shopping break or take that nap that you know you really need. Don’t overwork yourself before the summer hits.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

Keep your friends close.

Over the summer, many of us will be separated from our college friends until classes start back up again in the fall. By knowing that they will not be with you in a few weeks, hopefully that will make you prioritize your time so that you can spend enough time with them before finals end. To kill two birds with one stone, form a study group with your friends.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

Stay positive.

It’s very easy to stop studying and give up when you are feeling tired or are just thinking about the summer months ahead. Just think about how amazing you are going to feel when you realize all you have accomplished this semester when everything is over. Pull through, be optimistic and give it your all.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

Remember: you are almost done!

Don’t give up. Know that you get to go home and will have almost four months of no classes and sunny days. It’s a reward for all of the dedication you have put in studying and preparing for finals.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY