Between politics, tragedy and the overall current climate of recent news, it can be easy to forget some of the happy things that happen every day. After scouting the news, here are the top five mood-brightening headlines from this month so far:

1. Stephen Curry, basketball superstar, and James Corden sing and play games on “The Late Late Show with James Corden.” Talk about putting a smile on your face.

2. In the spirit of triumph, Sergio Garcia won the Masters Golf Tournament, his first major title ever. Not only did he win a major title, but it took him 73 tries. The New York Times offered insight into the struggles and triumphs of the athlete.

Steph Curry is always good news, right? PHOTO VIA WIKIMEDIA COMMONS

3. TV shows, especially for kids, can often overlook the importance of inclusion. “Sesame Street” has now introduced Julia, the first Sesame Street puppet with autism, which has been looked at as a huge progressive step in the right direction for autism awareness. NPR takes a closer look at how Julia is making TV a more accepting place.

4. Bad news doesn’t always have a happy ending. After losing her best friend and discovering she has breast cancer, Karen Lynch decided to make the most out of her life. After leaving her job, she decided to transform Belu, the environmentally safe water bottle company, into something she could be proud of by being innovative, and helping the environment.

5. The New England Aquarium has just opened a brand new shark exhibit. The aquarium is not only close to Boston University, but also a great place to get “up close and personal” with these mysterious creatures, according to The Boston Globe.

As you look through the news, remember that not everything is awful; some things can make your day. With a little searching the news can be happy, exciting and offer a new experience to try.