As we enter the final stretch of the academic year many of us prepare to head out of the city of Boston for the summer in search of summer jobs and internships. In your remaining time in the city, I would suggest that you take advantage of all the area has to offer. To save you some time, I have compiled an end of spring semester bucket list in order to provide you with some ideas for where to go and what to do before classes end.

1. The Boston Marathon
This major race starts at around 9:15 a.m. on April 17. Watch as thousands of athletes conquer one of the most well-known runs in the world. Some of the most highly recommended places to watch include Newton Hill, Hereford Street, Copley Square and our very own Commonwealth Avenue. This marathon will either make you feel incredibly inspired by what all of the competing runners have managed to achieve or it will be a painful reminder that you cannot run to the end of the block and back without hyperventilating.

2. Walk the Freedom Trail

A Red Sox game is a lot of fun, especially as a Boston student. PHOTO VIA WIKIMEDIA COMMONS

Follow the red brick stripe in the road to view 16 sites that each played a role in our nation’s in history. Stare at a lovely statue of Benjamin Franklin, investigate the site of the Boston Massacre and chill by Bunker Hill. A two-and-a-half-mile walk is a small price to pay for one of the most touristy things in this city. Your fanny pack is recommended, but not required.

3. Visit some museums
You can’t throw a rock in Boston without hitting some kind of museum. The city has art museums, science museums, children’s museums and even a firefighter museum. You can get into many of these for free through the use of your BU ID so take advantage of it. Next time you head to a museum don’t just find the piece you need to look at for class and leave immediately after. Investigate the whole museum and actually learn something.

4. Go to a Red Sox game
Baseball is arguably one of the best sports because it gives you an excuse to sit comfortably for an extended period of time and sample a wide variety of unhealthy foods. Fenway Park is so close to campus that it takes very little effort to get to a baseball game. Tickets aren’t horribly expensive and are sold online. You will finally be able to see what happens under the giant stadium lights that almost blind you every time you look out of your dorm window.

5. Go to Blackbird Doughnuts
This artisanal doughnut shop provides some of the most aesthetically pleasing pastries this world has ever seen. I suggest that you go there and force yourself to eat as many doughnuts as possible because they are beautiful and delicious. It is a bit of a long walk but you can go forward knowing that at the end of your journey you will be rewarded by nourishment in the form of doughnuts.

I sincerely hope that you can find the time to do at least some of the things on this list. As students we are all busy but it is still important to take the time to enjoy yourself every once and a while. So try and enjoy yourself by taking advantage of the wonderful city we happen to live in.