It’s not a rare occurrence for me to recommend music to my friends. In fact, if I’m not recommending music, you can suspect that something is wrong. Sometimes my friends beat me to discovering an artist, or on occasion, we’ll start listening to them at the same time. In this case, my friend and I started listening to Hippie Sabotage at the same time, so once we found at that they had a show in Boston, we immediately bought tickets.

Hippie Sabotage is a group of two brothers, Jeff and Kevin Saurer, out of Sacramento, California. While they’re technically classified as an EDM group, their music has a lot of variety. Their song “OM” is very relaxing and calm, while “Glimpse” makes you feel like you’re in a London club.

Hippie Sabotage had a 22-year-old rapper, Kur, from Philadelphia, open for them. Kur hyped up the crowd with a few of his songs, including his top hit “Uptop! Uptop!”

Hippie Sabotage took the stage and announced to the crowd, “We like dancing, we like moshing, we like laughing, and we like having fun.” It was an insane night full of singing, dancing, screaming and vibing. The group and the audience packed the venue with a ridiculous amount of energy.

Hippie Sabotage worked the excited crowd song after song earlier this week at the House of Blues. PHOTO BY MADDIE FOLEY/DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF

I’ve never been to a concert where the audience starts to turn into mini mosh pits, so this was a new experience for me. At points I was a little annoyed because people kept pushing and shoving, but hey if you’re having fun, that’s what it is all about. It was one of those concerts where if you got separated from your friends, you’ve made new ones because there was good energy everywhere.

Hit songs such as “Your Soul,” “Call The Doctors” and “Devil Eyes" were a highlight of the concert. PHOTO BY MADDIE FOLEY/DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF

Hit songs such as “Your Soul,” “Call The Doctors” and “Devil Eyes” were a highlight of the concert. PHOTO BY MADDIE FOLEY/DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF

Hippie Sabotage is full of good vibes and positive energy. They have a stage presence like no other; that is if they’re on the stage. Often times more than not, Kevin or Jeff were in the crowd hanging out, bringing people together or crowd surfing. Kevin crowd surfed to “Able to See Me.”

It seems as though every concert I go to at the House of Blues, the artist makes a speech. Maybe it’s the atmosphere, or they’re required to in their contract, who knows. Kevin Saurer debated for a few seconds on whether or not he was going to make a speech, threw his hands down, and said “screw it, I’m saying the speech.” The basis of the speech was to not let anyone get in the way of you following your dreams. Kevin went on to say, “That is what it means to be human: to aspire to be something greater in your life. But I get it, life is tough. People are going to say no, things are going to get in your way. But ladies and gentleman, what do we tell people that say no to our dreams?” The crowd broke out in screams and a new wave of energy came over the crowd.

All in all, the concert was amazing. They performed hits like “Your Soul,” “Call The Doctors” and “Devil Eyes.” From Kevin crowd surfing to Jeff hypnotizing the crowd with his guitar, Hippie Sabotage took the house down in Boston.