It may feel like spring is upon us with the snow on the ground, but as of today, spring is officially here. Pretty soon the weather will warm up, the snow will melt and everyone will have to start dressing for that awkward season in between winter and spring. As we say goodbye to winter, snow days and all the great winter sports such as skiing and ice skating, we say hello to warm sunny days. Here’s a few tips on how transition to spring:

1. Start switching out clothes.

Dressing for spring can be hard when it’s cold in the morning and warm in the afternoon. That means it’s time to layer clothes. We all layer in winter, but in the spring try layering with lighter jackets, fun patterned scarves and long sleeve tees to make your day that much more comfortable. It is also time to invest in some rain boots. As great as the warmer weather is, rain will come along with it so be prepared to get knee-deep in some puddles.

2. Get excited about the weather.

If you’re anything like me, being inside too long can be frustrating. In winter, some days are just too cold to go outside for longer than a few minutes, especially on Boston University’s campus which essentially becomes a wind tunnel. In spring, we can welcome more walks and more trips to the park such as Boston Common. You may even see a cute dog and more people studying outside. Take a trip to the Charles River Esplanade in between classes to find an enjoyable way to get homework done.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

3. Allergy medication.

As exciting as switching seasons is, a lot of us will get into 10-minute sneezing fits accompanied by watery eyes and a running nose. Don’t forget to take your allergy medication with you everywhere you go along with some eye drops and a tissue pack. Spring is a great season so let’s enjoy it instead of sneezing our way through it.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY