I’ve always been the person who believes that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but that’s mainly just because I love breakfast food more than anything. As of late, I’ve become a “bruncher” now that I have a plethora of fabulous Boston restaurants available at my fingertips. It would be wrong of me NOT to take advantage of the brunch menus and take it easy on Sunday mornings, right? Brunch has become my favorite meal, and here’s why it should be yours, too:

1. It’s socially acceptable to eat whatever you want.
You can eat lunch at 10 a.m., or breakfast at 2 p.m., and no one will judge you for it because that’s the point of brunch — the boundaries differentiating breakfast and lunch times are blurred. But then again, it’s not as though you need validation to eat French toast at any time of day.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

2. Therefore there are so many options.
Since brunch is the lovechild of breakfast and lunch, it also means that there are double the options on the menu. You can order a breakfast pizza, some maple walnut pancakes, a cobb salad or all three. If you’re as indecisive as I am, this sometimes leads to dilemmas where you take 15 minutes to order your meal and ultimately decide on your go-to anyway. But the options are always there.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

3. It’s two meals for the price of one.
If you stop to think about it, you basically get two meals for the price of one thanks to brunch. Instead of spending precious dollars, meal swipes or dining points on breakfast and then later on lunch, you only have to buy one meal and you get both. And if you pick the right place, you’ll even leave the restaurant with leftovers, providing you dinner for the night or breakfast the next morning. You’re welcome.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

4. It gives you an excuse to dress up and go out.
Going out to brunch gives you a reason to go out and eat a nice, wholesome meal with your friends and also dress up for the occasion (as if you need an excuse to do that). You can bring out that chic new outfit that you’ve been dying to wear, and show off your killer tastes in both fashion and food. What could possibly be better than that?

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

5. Brunch means bonding.
Whether it’s bonding with your friends, your family, your roommate(s) or your Tinder match, brunch provides a wonderful opportunity for you to have a great time in a serene setting. Plus, the food always looks SO wonderful, and you and your brunch date(s) can also bond over the amazing Instagram pictures you’re about to post to enhance your feed’s aesthetic. It’s a win-win.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY