There’s nothing better than stepping outside and having the sunshine beat down on your face on a breezy and sunny day. Only a few things could make it better: a puppy, iced coffee and music.

We’ve been blessed with a few sunny days and will definitely have many more coming our way this spring and summer. Despite the reason behind these sunny and warm days in the midst of winter, it’s important to enjoy all the sunshine you can get.

This playlist is the perfect addition to a sunny Boston walk. PHOTO BY DYLAN KIM / DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF

A common theme among most of the songs on this playlist is the clean and crisp guitar riffs and uplifting melodies. There are also chirping birds. The playlist is full of a variety of music genres and there are songs for any type of listener. Listen on the go, or while you’re basking in the sun on BU Beach.

Here are some tunes on the playlist broken down for you:

“WHALE” by Yellow Ostrich
A repetitive and ominous drum leads the song into a myriad of guitar licks, drumming patterns and tambourine shakes. As the drums drop out, the guitar makes you feel as though you’re sitting in the sweet sunshine. Give it a listen, it’s super unique.

“I Want You Back” by The Jackson 5
A classic hit for people of any age. If you weren’t singing along before, then you are now. The instrumental breakdown about two minutes in, will get you ready for the explosion of energy at the end of the song.

“Fresh Eyes” by Andy Grammer
The fresh and uplifting melody brings any listener to a state of happiness. This song is an easy listen with the guitar and shakers to build harmonies.

“Daylight” by Matt and Kim
The lyrics “in the daylight anywhere feels like home” holds so much truth. There’s something about a beautiful sunny day that can make a park bench feel like your comfy bed back home.

“Sunshine” by Matisyahu
Matisyahu has a way with his words and his instrumentals. Give it a listen.

“Three Little Birds” by Bob Marley and The Wailers
This group is perfect for any weather, especially sunny days.

“Take It Easy” by Eagles
All summer long my best friend and I drive around in her dad’s pick-up truck with the windows rolled down, blasting this song. It’s a classic tune for those with a little bit of an old soul in them.

“Chicken Fried” by Zac Brown Band
A classic for a warm spring day, that gets you to look forward to those summer days to come.

Love$ick by Mura Masa and A$AP Rocky
A fun song if you’re looking to have a dance party with your best friends in a location that isn’t a frat basement. Maybe on Nickerson Field?

“Devil Eyes” by Hippie Sabotage
Again, clean guitar and funky harmonies are the way to enjoy a sunny day.

“Riptide” by Vance Joy
Some say that it’s overplayed, some say that it’s not played enough. Regardless, it doesn’t fail to cheer you up and make you feel like you’re driving through a field of daisies on a sunny day.