With spring break just around the corner, people are putting more and more into their CVS Pharmacy beauty baskets. Some of the products I support. Others not so much. But this is not to shame or bash on anyone’s purchases — I’ve definitely bought my fair share of extra sunscreen, lip balm and bronzer. But there are just some things that I could never bring myself to try. Kudos to those of you that do and in fact, spread the message in using said things. But, for my opinion on these crazy products and why I won’t ever have the courage to use them on myself, keep reading.

Self-tanner

This product is only for the bravest of human. The attention, patience and determination required to achieve the perfect, even coat is way past my realm of ideal. And does self-tanner require me to stain my sheets at night when I sleep it off? Also knowing myself, I’d look like a fricken’ Dalmatian if I ever tried this. It’s a no-go for me.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

Nair Brazilian Spa Clay  

OK, I need a minute to breathe after typing that. This one’s self-hypocritical, because I don’t like the whole idea of temporarily (and chemically) burning the follicles on your skin down there (it’s so unnatural and short-lived), yet I am an avid enthusiast of the old-fashioned Brazilian wax. It is longer lasting, classier, not smelly and not messy. But ouch is right.  

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

Skin tightening and body firming cream

I’m confused. So, you rub a cream on your skin, then the skin just tightens? How? And how much so? Are there different levels of tightness? What in the cream is making one’s skin move less? Is this safe? Can someone who’s used this please let me know about their experience?

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

Menstrual cup

Right off the bat, what I don’t like about this product is what is most liked by others. So I guess I’m in the wrong here. But I’m not a fan of its reusability. I’m used to going to the restroom and changing my feminine product, not washing and reusing it. Yup. That’s what people do with these things — wash and reuse them. Which is surely amazing for the environment but not so much for my mental health. No thank you.   

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY